Python coders for hire, where to find them.

Dujith

In the past i asked for help with python code here and other places. But i only need it sometimes to write custom scripts for an domotica server.

So while it works most of the time, its an ugly hack work that needs adjustments when i run it in the field :D 

So i thought, why not post a request and have someone far more capable with Python code it with me for a fee.

Anyone know a site where i can post a request and have someone work at it? paid ofc.

You could try freelancer.com , upwork.com .... you'll get lots of programmers, but make sure you pick the right one (on freelancer.com  there's lots of auto offers, bots for teams who auto place offers without reading what you need done) ... check each bidder's previous work history and all that.

You could to filter out the crap by placing a contest for something that wouldn't take more than a couple hours of work and pick a winner, then you could repeat hire that team if they do good job

10 hours ago, Dujith said:

Anyone know a site where i can post a request and have someone work at it? paid ofc.

If you are in a major NA city, would recommend just going to a local Python / other developers group meetup. The organizers can almost always refer a few local freelancers, you'll be able to meet them face-to-face and talk through what you actually need done, etc., plus there is usually free beer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guru.com is another good site to supplement @mariushm's reply.

I've heard a few people getting work from here on the forum but it may be against forum rules but I don't think the mods enforce it as it's not particularly harmful.

Also Discord also has a wide variety of communities. I hang out in some game development servers every now & then because I like working with games. I'm quite sure there's some for general programming & python. There's quite a few servers for different technologies/APIs too.