AMD Rig Plan

Keppelectic

1. Budget & Location - $2000, Australia

2. Aim - To play more Modern Games comfortably and Emulation (Before it started Failing, Rage and ROTT were the most Modern Games I could play at Medium/High Settings) It will be used as a Media PC for the Lounge Room So Streaming as well, would like to Overclock too but nothing Crazy.

3. Monitors - Hisense 55 Inch LCD Television (Possibly Multi Monitor Set Up in the Future)

4. Peripherals - Possibly Wireless Keyboard and Mouse but Wired Preferred.  Will be Using WiFI Connection for the moment but looking to use a Wired Connection if I can set it up in the New House.

5. Why am I Upgrading? - Age, Current Set Up was made in 2009 and was only meant to go for 10 Years and is starting to show its age (Already replaced PSU/1 HDD/Motherboard since 2018)

Original Set Up was:

·         ASUS P7P55D-LE

·         Intel Core i5 Socket 1156 2.4ghz CPU

·         Generic Transcend 4gb DDR3 1600ghz Ram (Was G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb DDR3 1600ghz Ram but no matter how many BIOS Updates and Timing Recommendations from ASUS and G.Skill would never show more than 4gb)

·         Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 550ti

·         Thermaltake 550w Power Supply

·         Antec Case

From Feb 2018, PSU Failed and new Thermaltake 550w TR2 was Used.  HDD Failed and around the same time the Motherboard Shorted out and I bought a Computer for $200 off Marketplace just for the Motherboard/CPU/HDD with Windows 10.  Currently set up:

·         Intel DH67BE Motherboard

·         Intel Socket 1155 3.2ghz CPU

·         Corsair XMS3 2x4gb 1600ghz Ram (Given by Friend)

·         Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 550ti

·         Thermaltake 550w TR2 PSU

·         Generic Case

This is what I am looking at to Build:

So I am in the Final Stages, I just need to know if there are any Problems I am not seeing before I commit to Buying.  I am using PC Case Gear exclusively as the Supplier, even though it limits me in regards to selection I have had nothing but good experiences and delivery times from them.  I also want it to arrive around the same time so I’m not looking at boxes and pulling my hair out waiting…

Thank you all in advance!

1. change that to 3600

2. if you can find a firecudda on the same price, i think its better but stay with that if you want.

3. is a RX 5700 or a 5700 XT out of your budget?

4. i think its cheaper to buy windows 10 installer online.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to start by saying thank you for actually bothering to read the Read Me First section, and giving us that info ?

Parts look good, do they have Black Friday sales down there? Might be worth waiting for.

I'd also take a look at getting a larger SSD; they're cheap right now, and 240GB will fill up really quickly.

What's the price difference between the 2600x and the 3600?

I'd get a better cooler. The H5 Ultimate is a decent price.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

RX 5700 is out of Budget (Still have to consider Shipping) I'll look up the online install too, didnt think of that.  Why the 3600?

18 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

1. change that to 3600

2. if you can find a firecudda on the same price, i think its better but stay with that if you want.

3. is a RX 5700 or a 5700 XT out of your budget?

4. i think its cheaper to buy windows 10 installer online.

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to start by saying thank you for actually bothering to read the Read Me First section, and giving us that info ?

Parts look good, do they have Black Friday sales down there? Might be worth waiting for.

I'd also take a look at getting a larger SSD; they're cheap right now, and 240GB will fill up really quickly.

What's the price difference between the 2600x and the 3600?

I'd get a better cooler. The H5 Ultimate is a decent price.

H5 can be done, the SSD is just for Boot and maybe a few core programs.  Im not 100% on a Hybrid SSHD, I'll do some more research into it.  No Black Friday Sales here, I called today and no upcoming sales that they know of.

15 hours ago, Keppelectic said:

RX 5700 is out of Budget (Still have to consider Shipping) I'll look up the online install too, didnt think of that.  Why the 3600?

1, since you have higher budget, i think it will be worth it. its quite a bit faster too . depending on the situation it can be as fast as about 20% compared to the 2600.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

1. Are you sure you want to put an ITX board in an ATX case? 

Imo you should look at cheaper B450 ATX boards. 

2. I don't know about that ssd. I like Samsung so I'd upgrade to a 250 or 500gb 970 Evo Plus. 

3. Get a 1660 Super instead or get a 5700/XT like others suggest. 

4. PSU is total overkill. Get a 650w unit. 

5. Now hopefully you have more budget leftover for a 3600 and #3

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 hour ago, Martin2132 said:

if you can find a firecudda on the same price

if i'm not mistaken isn't the firecuda one of the expensive m.2 ssd's?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

15 hours ago, flashiling said:

if i'm not mistaken isn't the firecuda one of the expensive m.2 ssd's?

im talking about the SSHD but eh. last time i saw, it was the same price as the barracuda 

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

1 minute ago, Martin2132 said:

im talking about the SSHD but eh. last time i saw, it was the same price as the barracuda 

not at the same capacity right?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

15 hours ago, flashiling said:

not at the same capacity right?

same. i saw it like about 5$ more expensive last time but practically the same price. if not, it may have been just a sale or something.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

• 4 weeks later...

I'll recommend something like this instead...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($314.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler  ($81.58 @ Amazon Australia) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($148.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($91.30 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($65.31 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($649.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($110.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($119.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Total: $1772.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-05 00:51 AEDT+1100

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

It has been Running Well but I have to replace the SSHD due to it being DOA.  I'll have to re arrange the Radiator as well as it's not getting the Temps I know it can (Currently at the Rear, i'm Placing it on the Front with a Pull Configuration)  The main reason I went with MWave and a few different Parts was the Black Friday Sale allowed me to get Free Shipping, a Free m.2 Drive and a few other items cheaper than what it is now.

Thank you all for your advice and tips, been 10 Years since I built a PC so was wanting to make sure it was done right!

Next is the Monitor...

Surely it has been working properly, you chose very good pieces! Too bad the SSHD arrived dead, I suggest you start the RMA with the store for immediate replacement or, alternatively, you can contact the manufacturer through this link: Warranty & Replacements | Seagate Support Australia / New Zealand

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

9 hours ago, Keppelectic said:

Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB TUF Gaming X3 OC Video Card

any chance you can return and replace this? all reviews show it's a flawed design that gets very hot and throttles.