Red Dead Redemption 2 PC

Ayush007
24 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Keep it at default. If you want lower or higher resolutions, lower or higher resolutions. Try 720p, 900p, 1080p and 1440p. No reason to ever mess with resolution scaling. Imo anyway.

Thnx man for trying to solve my prob ,

I mean it 

Only the things I m concerned about is when I decrease resolutions scaling it will downgrade the quality of resolution ( like I have observed at chapter 1 ,snow on tree or snow falling it look quite cartoonish or something without proper detailing but once I increase resolution scaling the image quality keep improving , however performance keep on decreasing , its really annoying n frustrating tht I have spent thousands of bucks on my sli 2080ti (HOF ) edition but still I have to compromise with settings, I wish it could support sli 

because it shows only 9503 something in graphic setting.

half of the memory was taken by resolution scaling.

9 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Thnx man for trying to solve my prob

No problem. Here to help.

Only the things I m concerned about is when I decrease resolutions scaling it will downgrade the quality of resolution ( like I have observed at chapter 1 ,snow on tree or snow falling it look quite cartoonish or something without proper detailing

This is because you are lowering the native resolution when you do that. Say you're in 2560x1440 resolution, lowering the scaling lowers those numbers. Which is why I recommended to just lower the resolution if you want lower resolution.

but once I increase resolution scaling the image quality keep improving , however performance keep on decreasing

This is because you are highering the native resolution. Just go into 4K if you want a higher resolution.

its really annoying n frustrating tht I have spent thousands of bucks on my sli 2080ti (HOF ) edition but still I have to compromise with settings

Learn from it. Stop spending thousands on hardware. Hundreds suffice. And when you push just as much fps out of hundreds of dollars as you would thousands, it feels much more satisfying. However, since you already own the high end stuff, you can get more fps out of it. What you can do is do more testing when changing individual graphic settings. Not only test the fps but test what you are actually seeing on the screen. Every individual setting has a sweet spot that maximizes fps without sacrificing visual fidelity.

Was playing just fine but after getting into Valentine and doing a few missions the game won't start anymore :(

14 hours ago, Intransigent said:

No problem. Here to help.

This is because you are lowering the native resolution when you do that. Say you're in 2560x1440 resolution, lowering the scaling lowers those numbers. Which is why I recommended to just lower the resolution if you want lower resolution.

This is because you are highering the native resolution. Just go into 4K if you want a higher resolution.

Learn from it. Stop spending thousands on hardware. Hundreds suffice. And when you push just as much fps out of hundreds of dollars as you would thousands, it feels much more satisfying. However, since you already own the high end stuff, you can get more fps out of it. What you can do is do more testing when changing individual graphic settings. Not only test the fps but test what you are actually seeing on the screen. Every individual setting has a sweet spot that maximizes fps without sacrificing visual fidelity.

Seems like u have done R&D in depth , I appreciate your effort ,

ppl like u in this forum are really helpful for ppl who are beginners like me.

I will surely try this method although in rdr2 I have turned off msaa n increase resolution scaling like 2/1(x0.2) something , 

getting better image quality 

Your cordially 

Ayush

31 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Seems like u have done R&D in depth , I appreciate your effort ,

ppl like u in this forum are really helpful for ppl who are beginners like me.

I will surely try this method although in rdr2 I have turned off msaa n increase resolution scaling like 2/1(x0.2) something , 

getting better image quality 

Your cordially 

Ayush

Do yourself a Favour. Sell the second GPU.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

7 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Seems like u have done R&D in depth , I appreciate your effort ppl like u in this forum are really helpful for ppl who are beginners like me.

Thanks but I actually don't own RDR2 yet. I've just been doing this type of stuff to many, many games for years.

I will surely try this method although in rdr2 I have turned off msaa n increase resolution scaling like 2/1(x0.2) something, getting better image quality

When playing in higher resolutions than 1080p, anti-aliasing of any kind is not always necessary and usually hits fps big time. However, it's very possible that a tiny amount of AA can get rid of any jaggies that might be noticeable while gaming. If they're not too noticeable, then don't even touch AA. But if they are, especially if they're really noticeable, try a very subtle touch of AA. I've found this to vary from game to game visually and it will also vary on what it does to the frame rate so you have to test them.

There's the TAA option(no clue if it's in RDR2 but I don't see why it wouldn't be), which I really like in certain games but it can hit fps a lot in some games and not much in others. Then there's the FXAA+MSAA x2 option. Which is what I use in certain games, particularly GTA 5 because TAA in GTA 5 hits fps quite a bit when compared to FXAA+MSAA x2. Give both a try but like I said, only if you notice jaggies all over the place. If you can tolerate what you see, best to leave ALL AA options OFF in 1440p/4K.

If that 2/1(x0.2) something is working for you, by all means, go for it. Just take note of what it does to fps. Some people prefer that better image fidelity, others prefer whatever amount of fps you gain without it. I personally prefer the higher fps but it all depends on exactly how much fps difference it is. There's also gonna be a difference in what it does to GPU/CPU usage. Be sure to look at that as well.

EDIT: I just found this video in my recommended playlist on YouTube. Somehow it has a lot of things I've been explaining in it. The guy even shows you the performance cost % on some of the settings, which should help you a lot when choosing which settings to set where...

Just remember that their testing will vary from yours or anyone else's because we all have different hardware and we all optimize our PC differently outside of games.

19 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Thanks but I actually don't own RDR2 yet. I've just been doing this type of stuff to many, many games for years.

When playing in higher resolutions than 1080p, anti-aliasing of any kind is not always necessary and usually hits fps big time. However, it's very possible that a tiny amount of AA can get rid of any jaggies that might be noticeable while gaming. If they're not too noticeable, then don't even touch AA. But if they are, especially if they're really noticeable, try a very subtle touch of AA. I've found this to vary from game to game visually and it will also vary on what it does to the frame rate so you have to test them.

There's the TAA option(no clue if it's in RDR2 but I don't see why it wouldn't be), which I really like in certain games but it can hit fps a lot in some games and not much in others. Then there's the FXAA+MSAA x2 option. Which is what I use in certain games, particularly GTA 5 because TAA in GTA 5 hits fps quite a bit when compared to FXAA+MSAA x2. Give both a try but like I said, only if you notice jaggies all over the place. If you can tolerate what you see, best to leave ALL AA options OFF in 1440p/4K.

If that 2/1(x0.2) something is working for you, by all means, go for it. Just take note of what it does to fps. Some people prefer that better image fidelity, others prefer whatever amount of fps you gain without it. I personally prefer the higher fps but it all depends on exactly how much fps difference it is. There's also gonna be a difference in what it does to GPU/CPU usage. Be sure to look at that as well.

EDIT: I just found this video in my recommended playlist on YouTube. Somehow it has a lot of things I've been explaining in it. The guy even shows you the performance cost % on some of the settings, which should help you a lot when choosing which settings to set where...

Just remember that their testing will vary from yours or anyone else's because we all have different hardware and we all optimize our PC differently outside of games.

Thnx pal!!!!

For ur co-operation n understanding my problem!!!!

Your explanation is really helpful for me.

I will keep it in my mind!!!

the video you have sent is also very helpful 4 me.

Please also give me a chance whenever you need help.

Your cordially 

Ayush

Edited by Ayush007

On 11/9/2019 at 4:23 PM, Intransigent said:

Stop spending thousands on hardware. Hundreds suffice.

I like that!  I may steal it one day lol

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I like that!  I may steal it one day lol

well before tht u need to face  my pet Perro de Presa Canario ( my cool dude ??

Edited by Ayush007

Hardware unboxed on youtube, has a great part 1 and 2 video for the best optimized settings for this game.

I7 9700k- MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2X8GB - EVGA RTX 2080 TI Black Edition - WD BLACK NVMe M.2 500GB -  EVGA Supernova 650 P2, 80+ Platinum -Nzxt H500 - Display Dell S2721DGF 27" - Keyboard- Razer Huntsman Mini 60%  - Mouse- Logitech G203  - Headset  Astro A50 2019 Edition - Speakers - Logitech Z623

28 minutes ago, lbmoney33 said:

Hardware unboxed on youtube, has a great part 1 and 2 video for the best optimized settings for this game.

Great find, very useful video. I basically do that process for every single game I play. That's an excellent guide to choose each individual setting for personal preference.

What's missing is how much VRAM each setting uses. Knowing each one will help balance CPU/GPU usage and rid any bottle-necking. When an individual setting uses a lot of VRAM yet barely touches fps, best to crank that sucker up(if you're CPU bottle-necked that is).

However, the game is pretty GPU bound so cranking these settings that I speak of down can benefit as well. Meaning that if you have a lot of free CPU usage, crank them high VRAM settings that barely affect fps DOWN. Strain to balance, know what I'm saying.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:18 AM, SeraphicWings said:

RTX 2070 running at 99% can't maintain stable 50fps in full HD with mixed ultra-to-high setting and no AA, in scenes with lots of lightning it goes down to 33 ~ 38

That's about sum up the RDR2 PC experience for me

what are your settings? I have everything set to Ultra, and my 2070 sits at 4% usage, but i get 50-60 frames. My Cpu is also only at 30% usage. I don't see the bottleneck, I don't know that to do

Rockstar games never seem to get good performance , gta 5 always crashes at least once a week, should I wait a bit before getting rdr2?

Pc Specs: 

Ryzen 7 5800x- ROG STRIX X470-F  - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz - Kraken X63 AIO - MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 - EVGA 1000W GW - NZXT H500i

1 minute ago, battlebox56 said:

Rockstar games never seem to get good performance , gta 5 always crashes at least once a week, should I wait a bit before getting rdr2?

well it's definetly playable, the only reason not to get it would be to wait for a discount on black friday or christmas or something. The patch today was also pretty big, stabilty should not  be a problem anymore. It's just kinda hard work to get to the settings and the performance u want. But even at medium preset this game looks amazing. crushing console obviously.

1 hour ago, cracmeister said:

well it's definetly playable, the only reason not to get it would be to wait for a discount on black friday or christmas or something. The patch today was also pretty big, stabilty should not  be a problem anymore. It's just kinda hard work to get to the settings and the performance u want. But even at medium preset this game looks amazing. crushing console obviously.

I agree, it's just a shame to have to run a game on non ultra settings on a gtx 1080

Pc Specs: 

Ryzen 7 5800x- ROG STRIX X470-F  - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz - Kraken X63 AIO - MSI VENTUS 3x OC RTX 3070 - EVGA 1000W GW - NZXT H500i

7 days later..
mgpu supported using vulkan

98% and 93% usage across 2 1080tis.

a mix of ultra/high and medium shadows (i don't care much for shadows in games)

55-65 fps at 3440x1440

i7-6850k

to the person who said sell the second gpu...  hah, nope!  :) 

On 11/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, battlebox56 said:

I agree, it's just a shame to have to run a game on non ultra settings on a gtx 1080

You are doing something wrong than.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 hours ago, riverslq said:

7 days later..

55-65 fps at 3440x1440

i7-6850k

Bad fps if this usage is true, which i doubt.

17 hours ago, riverslq said:

7 days later..

55-65 fps at 3440x1440

i7-6850k

Good to know , there’s some one who go for sli????????

Good to know , there’s some one who go for sli????????

No Way he has that kind of usage on both GPUs. 

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

No Way he has that kind of usage on both GPUs. 

Hahaha 

well I bought my 2 gpu ,

selling my 2 kidney

54 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Well it’s quite smooth now but still I face some stuttering , specially  when I enter in game screen .

What do you mean by "in game screen"? And how would you describe the stuttering in the "in game screen"?