Red Dead Redemption 2 PC

Ayush007
4 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Thanks man appreciate it!

This game does not have multiple GPU support, it's possible it will still work, there hasn't been any testing on it just yet. However I believe it will only use one GPU. And unfortunately I do not have another GPU to test it out.

Ohhh I c 

anyways Once u do some tests (tweaking n all)

please don’t forget to share the results 

Awesome. Im surprised how well this Game runs on my System. Max Settings including advanced settings (except particel effects to medium) in 1440p. Vsync off, TXAA.

Average FPS 42,5. With Gsync, perfectly playbale.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Max Settings

• What average fps do you get with every single setting on low/off?
  • What average fps do you get with every single setting on low/off except for Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering(set them both to Ultra)?

In-game benchmark results of course.

15 minutes ago, Intransigent said:
  • What average fps do you get with every single setting on low/off except for Texture Quality and Anisotropic Filtering(set them both to Ultra)?

In-game benchmark results of course.

Dont know, havent tested it. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Dont know, havent tested it.

Will you test it for me please? Dying to hear them.

4 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Can do, but not now. Tomorrow.

Edit: Now not know. Damn english :P

10 hours ago, Praesi said:

Awesome. Im surprised how well this Game runs on my System. Max Settings including advanced settings (except particel effects to medium) in 1440p. Vsync off, TXAA.

Average FPS 42,5. With Gsync, perfectly playbale.

Good to hear tht man,

thanx for sharing such a valuable info. (I feel highly privileged tht u spend ur valuable time for solving my prob.)
I appreciate  tht ??????????

Good to hear tht ,u can play without any lag or bugs 

will also apply this same concept in my PC also in order to get more fps,

U r really pro man !!!!

10 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Hey yo man whtsup

I read ur earlier comments regarding rdr2 fps 

n u were hell riiiiiiiiiiiiiiii8!!!!!! I mean whenever i play in city or any intense scene my fps dip to 37.

here are some screenshots.D5489B3C-0680-454D-8BA8-4EE87150F92A.thumb.png.c3ab6f45486c3e6a6ad5c3fa8954e20d.pngBA5549E7-4E2D-4879-8172-8CDE9DFAD623.thumb.png.a9731f6506c7e2fd129a7e54545d23de.png

On 11/6/2019 at 1:48 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

There are A LOT of graphics settings and it will probably take me some time to tweak it just right to keep it highly detailed and run better. I can let you know how it runs once I get home and test it out after the patch.

Looking forward to it. Curious to hear different peoples results on the absolute lowest settings and then the absolute lowest settings with Textures and Anisotropic Filtering on Ultra. Both outside and inside the city area(or high demanding areas with lots of NPC's).

A good tip when going about the tweaking individual graphic settings process is the obvious one which is to find out which ones kill fps and which ones affect the visual fidelity of what it is that you're changing.

A second tip is to find out which settings hit VRAM usage. This can come in handy, especially when it comes to balancing out any bottleneck(whether it's CPU or GPU). Most importantly inside those high demanding city areas you see because what you can do is find the individual graphic settings that are VRAM intensive yet barely affect fps(like textures and maybe some type of Population Variety if that's in the settings) and if you just so happen to be CPU bottlenecked, leaving those Textures/Population Variety on Ultra will help out with that high CPU usage and take a little bit of strain off of it and at the same time, NOT kill fps.

Finding these types of individual graphic settings that use a lot of VRAM and barely affect fps can be tricky. There's usually very few of them but when you find them, it's almost like magic when utilizing them. Of course, make sure you have the extra VRAM to do this in the first place.

It's also wise to let the game go through the multiple amounts of changes/updates/patches as humanly possible before actually doing any extensive testing. Because they're only going to change your results dramatically.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x | Gigabyte Aorus Master x570s | Corsair Dominator Platinum (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 | GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10G | Lian iO1Dyamic | EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W | Acer Predator X34 P | Acer XB271HU | NZXT Kraken Z73

It's pretty much the same for me after the update however I no longer drop below 60fps. Running the game on Ultra/High(Textures on Ultra, pretty much everything else is on High, besides a couple other things on Ultra) settings with the Vulkan API. TAA On, FXAA On, and MSAA x4. Make sure you Grass Detail slider isn't maxed out it's a hog too.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

49 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

It's pretty much the same for me after the update however I no longer drop below 60fps. Running the game on Ultra/High(Textures on Ultra, pretty much everything else is on High, besides a couple other things on Ultra) settings with the Vulkan API. TAA On, FXAA On, and MSAA x4. Make sure you Grass Detail slider isn't maxed out it's a hog too.

ohhhh I c tht really good ???????Well I would like to say tht I have put everything in max except resolution scale so in order to get more resolution scale I have to compromise with msaa I have to put it x2.

what should I do now ???

52 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Ur guidance is highly valuable 4 me.

1 hour ago, Ayush007 said:

ohhhh I c tht really good ???????Well I would like to say tht I have put everything in max except resolution scale so in order to get more resolution scale I have to compromise with msaa I have to put it x2.

what should I do now ???

You dont realy need MSAA with Resolutions 2k+

Just eats up performance and doesnt ad something you realy need to the game.

15 minutes ago, Praesi said:

You dont realy need MSAA with Resolutions 2k+

Just eats up performance and doesnt ad something you realy need to the game.

Then wht actually I require in graphic setting option at 1440p resolution ??

35 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Then wht actually I require in graphic setting option at 1440p resolution ??

In my oppinion, FXAA does the Job good enough and costs almost no Performance. You can check between FXAA and TAA and see what you like better. If you see a difdference anyhow. MSAA is not worth it since it costs too much Performance. And thats in most Games. TombRaideer MSAA almost took 20 FPS alone. 

And there is no Reason at all to use all AA Solutions at once. I wonder why this is even possible.

Just stand near to a Building with a Fence and or Stairs ect. and watch the curves and edges. Change the AA´s and see what behaves the way you like it most.

You dont realy need the "best" AA when you ride through a forrest and every leaf has to be AA´d and you would never see the difference anyhow, do you ;) ?

On 11/7/2019 at 8:26 PM, Intransigent said:

1440p

No Vsync

Only FXAA

Presets, no further changes:

Average FPS

low: 110

medium: 90

High: 65

Ultra: 44

45 minutes ago, Praesi said:

1440p No Vsync Only FXAA Presets, no further changes:

Average FPS low: 110 medium: 90 High: 65 Ultra: 44

Excellent. Now...

It matters to be precise on these. Listing the min's and max's would be great as well.

14 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Excellent. Now...

It matters to be precise on these. Listing the min's and max's would be great as well.

Dude..i gave you 4 Numbers out of 4 Presets. I think thats enough to get an Idea.

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

Dude..i gave you 4 Numbers out of 4 Presets. I think thats enough to get an Idea.

Presets are useless. But I do thank you for trying to help.

28 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Presets are useless. But I do thank you for trying to help.

Your welcome. I see no reason why presets are useless to you tho. Doesnt make any sence.

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

I see no reason why presets are useless to you tho. Doesnt make any sence.

Long story.

10 hours ago, Praesi said:

In my oppinion, FXAA does the Job good enough and costs almost no Performance. You can check between FXAA and TAA and see what you like better. If you see a difdference anyhow. MSAA is not worth it since it costs too much Performance. And thats in most Games. TombRaideer MSAA almost took 20 FPS alone. 

And there is no Reason at all to use all AA Solutions at once. I wonder why this is even possible.

Just stand near to a Building with a Fence and or Stairs ect. and watch the curves and edges. Change the AA´s and see what behaves the way you like it most.

You dont realy need the "best" AA when you ride through a forrest and every leaf has to be AA´d and you would never see the difference anyhow, do you ;) ?

Well , first of all thnx for your co-operation , u really do wonderful job.??????????
I will surely apply all this settings n tell u the result , Bdw what should I do regarding resolution scaling , I mean should I ignore it or set it up to specific amount??????

( bcoz when I increase resolution scaling it improves the image quality but eat lot of gpu memory due to which fps dip upto 19 to 25)

13 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

what should I do regarding resolution scaling

Keep it at default. If you want lower or higher resolutions, lower or higher resolutions. Try 720p, 900p, 1080p and 1440p. No reason to ever mess with resolution scaling. Imo anyway.