Any Ultra High CFM (120+ CFM) fan?

Chiyawa

Hi,

I'm just curious if there are any high CFM with rating more than 120 available in the market? I want to use it as an exhaust to drag all the heat out in an instant during intense gaming. I don't mind if it has RGB, single colour LED or not at all, but I prefer the fan to be black.

Regards,

Chiyawa

P.S.: My current setup has 5 intake fans (2 at front, 3 at top) and 1 exhaust fan (rear). I created too high positive pressure in my case, so looking a high CFM fan for exhaust. So far I'm using Cooler Master SickleFlow (the highest CFM fan I can find in my market) as the exhaust.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

IIRC Delta has some pretty insane fans. Comes at the price of noise though.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Hi,

I'm just curious if there are any high CFM with rating more than 120 available in the market? I want to use it as an exhaust to drag all the heat out in an instant during intense gaming. I don't mind if it has RGB, single colour LED or not at all, but I prefer the fan to be black.

Regards,

Chiyawa

P.S.: My current setup has 5 intake fans (2 at front, 3 at top) and 1 exhaust fan (rear). I created too high positive pressure in my case, so looking a high CFM fan for exhaust. So far I'm using Cooler Master SickleFlow (the highest CFM fan I can find in my market) as the exhaust.

Are you having temperature issues?  What case do you have?

If so, and you think that excessive positive case pressure is the cause, then I'd start with getting rid of the top intake fans (unless they are attached to a radiator, but you don't specify...).  Alternatively, switch the top fans to exhaust if a radiator is involved.

Just chucking a high flow fan at the back of the case will probably just give you more noise.  I bet you can solve your issue with your existing fans.

But, if you really want, Noctua's industrial PPC fans will get you there.  The 120 mm 3000 RPM version will get you ~110 CFM and the 140 mm versions will get you between ~110 CFM (2000 RPM version ) and ~150 CFM (3000 RPM version).  They will be loud.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

12 hours ago, Plouffe said:

120 or 140mm fan ?

120mm fan.

12 hours ago, tikker said:

IIRC Delta has some pretty insane fans. Comes at the price of noise though.

I see. I don't mind the noise, though.

3 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Are you having temperature issues?  What case do you have?

If so, and you think that excessive positive case pressure is the cause, then I'd start with getting rid of the top intake fans (unless they are attached to a radiator, but you don't specify...).  Alternatively, switch the top fans to exhaust if a radiator is involved.

Just chucking a high flow fan at the back of the case will probably just give you more noise.  I bet you can solve your issue with your existing fans.

But, if you really want, Noctua's industrial PPC fans will get you there.  The 120 mm 3000 RPM version will get you ~110 CFM and the 140 mm versions will get you between ~110 CFM (2000 RPM version ) and ~150 CFM (3000 RPM version).  They will be loud.

I don't have temperature issues actually. So, to sum it up:

My PC case is ThermalTake Versa 26

Front fan: 1 Cooler Master SickleFlow 12cm, 1 ThermalTake 12cm stock fan as intakes.

Top fan: 3 ThermalTake Pure Plus 12 fans, all as intakes

Rear: 1 Cooler Master SickleFlow 12cm fan as exhaust

I don't use radiator.

I don't mind the noise.

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 3600

Gigabyte RX Vega 64 (dual fan)

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi

I did try switching the top as exhaust fan, but it'll create negative pressure in the case. I try switching 1 or 2 fans at top of my casing as the exhaust near the CPU, and that is okay, but it'll create an air turbulance because mixing intake and exhaust too close.

My room is warm (living in Malaysia, by the way) about 34 c at day time and 30 at night, without air conditioning.

The problem is the hot air from the GPU directly exhaust to the CPU area. It's no big deal as the temperature is manageable (CPU temp around 75c and GPU never reach 70c with its fan cranking to the maximum), but just wondering if an ultra High CFM fan can pull all the heat away from the CPU area as it'll get warm when playing games or working with 3D modelling.

I remember back in the days, I spotted some fan that can go up to 4000rpm. Not sure if they still exist.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

14 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

I created too high positive pressure in my case, so looking a high CFM fan for exhaust

can you elaborate on what you mean by this? is there some kind of issue you're facing?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

https://www.delta-fan.com/ProductSeries.aspx?seriesname=AFB

794651531_.PNG.b629ec7d075e1f819ababb02bd1a8fd3.PNG

5200 rpm 240cfm one seems to suit your need

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

21 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

I don't have temperature issues actually.

Then I'm unclear why you are seeking to change anything.

I did try switching the top as exhaust fan, but it'll create negative pressure in the case. I try switching 1 or 2 fans at top of my casing as the exhaust near the CPU, and that is okay, but it'll create an air turbulance because mixing intake and exhaust too close.

Negative pressure is not inherently bad, but people tend to WAY overthink it in general.  the goal should be a smooth flow of fresh air through the case, with minimal turbulence when possible.  This is typically front-to-back for most cases as it picks up air from GPU naturally and flows in the direction of most CPU air coolers.  I tend to dislike top fans in general, but would try to always have them as exhaust if present at all.  Having them as intake will cause lots of turbulence with the front-to-back flow.  Top exhausts also take advantage of the fact that hot air rises, so you're not trying to fight physics.  One top exhaust should be more than enough.

The problem is the hot air from the GPU directly exhaust to the CPU area

Totally normal for a non-blower style card.  Also not inherently a problem by itself unless you have temperature problems.  Given the component temps you are seeing with high room ambient temps, your temps are totally fine.

Based on what you've indicated I do not think you need a high CFM fan.  But, those delta fans are BEASTS!  Also be aware you can't run the 5200 RPM ones off a mobo fan header since they draw 2.45 A.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

On 11/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, Arika S said:

can you elaborate on what you mean by this? is there some kind of issue you're facing?

Not really an issue, just that there are too much air intake and not enough exhaust.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:39 PM, ThiccSmough said:

https://www.delta-fan.com/ProductSeries.aspx?seriesname=AFB

794651531_.PNG.b629ec7d075e1f819ababb02bd1a8fd3.PNG

5200 rpm 240cfm one seems to suit your need

Wow. Never thought Delta produce this monstrous fan. Will take a look.

13 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Then I'm unclear why you are seeking to change anything.

Negative pressure is not inherently bad, but people tend to WAY overthink it in general.  the goal should be a smooth flow of fresh air through the case, with minimal turbulence when possible.  This is typically front-to-back for most cases as it picks up air from GPU naturally and flows in the direction of most CPU air coolers.  I tend to dislike top fans in general, but would try to always have them as exhaust if present at all.  Having them as intake will cause lots of turbulence with the front-to-back flow.  Top exhausts also take advantage of the fact that hot air rises, so you're not trying to fight physics.  One top exhaust should be more than enough.

Totally normal for a non-blower style card.  Also not inherently a problem by itself unless you have temperature problems.  Given the component temps you are seeing with high room ambient temps, your temps are totally fine.

Based on what you've indicated I do not think you need a high CFM fan.  But, those delta fans are BEASTS!  Also be aware you can't run the 5200 RPM ones off a mobo fan header since they draw 2.45 A.

I see. Thanks for the insight.

I've got a couple of old server fans that are 120mm, 220CFM and super loud, but are fully PWM controllable. You'll have to figure something out for power, but these types of fans can be found as the Nidec BetaV V34809-90 on ebay for less than $15. 

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

Catch with server fans is different connector and/or PWM signals (reverse one) vs. what you get on consumer grade MBs.

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

On 11/2/2019 at 11:02 PM, Opencircuit74 said:

I've got a couple of old server fans that are 120mm, 220CFM and super loud, but are fully PWM controllable. You'll have to figure something out for power, but these types of fans can be found as the Nidec BetaV V34809-90 on ebay for less than $15. 

I see. Okay, will give it a look.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:10 AM, agent_x007 said:

Catch with server fans is different connector and/or PWM signals (reverse one) vs. what you get on consumer grade MBs.

Hmm... I guess I have to double check the pin out. Thanks for informing me.