Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rcmaehl

LinusWare - Converting complaints to reality

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm starting this thread due to having several times heard the LTT staff complain that "I wish it could do this" or "I wish it had that functionality" and have told myself "I could make that'. Additionally, I haven't been programming as much and I feel this will get me back into the habit of practicing programming. As such, I'll be updating this main post with programs as they complain about features and as I create them. The first script of course being a mouse for the ZenBook Pro Duo. I've had a bunch of fun figuring out a bunch of issues with the program including bricking my Mouse Input entirely by sending too many Mouse Inputs at once. Regardless, it should now be flawless. If you've seen Linus and Crew complain about something and think, hey that's a good idea, feel free to tag me in this thread, I'd love to be put up to some challenges.

Current Repository: (Updated 9/17/2019)

ZenPro Left Mouse - Allows using the Z and X keys on the keyboard as left and right click respectively when Scroll Lock is enabled. [REF: Complaint 1, Complaint 2]

Changelog:

Spoiler

9/17/2019

• Finally Publish ZenPro Left Mouse after forgetting about it until LTT published their latest video on it

To Do:

Spoiler
  • Find a public domain icon for ZenPro Left Mouse

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME
LinusWare Dev | NotCPUCores Dev

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX480 8GB OC, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the Alt and Control from a certain side of the keyboard do that work?
Not keys that might need to be used when, you know, typing?

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the Alt and Control from a certain side of the keyboard do that work?
Not keys that might need to be used when, you know, typing?

I doubt many Windows users still use Scroll Lock, however your point is still valid.

There's a few issues standing in my way.

• The key detection, _IsPressed, can't differentiate between left and right Alt/Ctrl
  • Even if I did find a work around for the above, the Temporary Input block for those two keys, HotKeySet, can't block Ctrl or Alt
  • Even if BOTH of the above are fixed, Ctrl+Click is used in various programs (Browsers, Windows File Management, Multiple Item Selections) and this program wouldn't be able to have that functionality

Although I may make this configurable in a future version.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME
LinusWare Dev | NotCPUCores Dev

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX480 8GB OC, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor