dark rock pro 4

ralphandmike
11 hours ago, ralphandmike said:

the drp4 has two of them

There's a splitter so you can run both fans off one fan header. Even if the fan cables are still to long you can put them in a knot.

I have a DRP4. It's quite nice.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'm using Dark Rock TF on my 4.9GHz 7700k (delid) at ~75degrees under load (27degrees ambient). I'd say it performs pretty well for a low profile cooler.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:04 PM, ralphandmike said:

something like that I think. couldn't find the exact dimensions as its an old case from hp and a discontinued design computer. I mean I know the cases will support 9.6 by 9.6 motherboards or 24.4by 24.4 mm. its a good design though if you can work in it however airflow is an issue with it as the side panel is only holes no fans anyways I noticed the drp4 seems to be good but the cables from the power supply and drive cables tend to get really close to the front fan. the drp4 has two of them

Thats mATX size. Those cases have been bit smaller overall. So I don't think DR4P will fit there. But until you can actually measure it, we can't really give accurate answers. So next time you are out, pick up ruler or something to check it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thats mATX size. Those cases have been bit smaller overall. So I don't think DR4P will fit there. But until you can actually measure it, we can't really give accurate answers. So next time you are out, pick up ruler or something to check it.

yeah that's the cases I am using matx. I was wondering if dark rock series has a matx cooler.

2 hours ago, ralphandmike said:

yeah that's the cases I am using matx. I was wondering if dark rock series has a matx cooler.

Coolers aren't linked to ATX standards. There are mATX cases which can fit large coolers (Bitfenix Prodigy, Phanteks Evolv M). And then there's majority which can't (max height of 145mm etc.). Coolers compatibility comes from socket, case and RAM. If we don't know how tall cooler you can fit there, safest bet would be to use Dark Rp k TF which is low-profile.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv