Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vidjan

Corrupt pictures from file transfer

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i have a nikon D600, it works great, in it i have a 64gb SD card and it works totaly fine. One time I transfered some new photos from the SD card to my laptop, and everything was fine,  but then i transfered them from my laptop to my  external hard drive, and quite a few photos were coruppt. You could open them but one side of the picture was purple, black, white, blue or something similar. I shot everything im JPEG Could this indicate that my external hard drive is failing? i am not sure what is causing this because it just seems weird that file transfer would cause this kind of corruption. What do you think?

1 minute ago, Vidjan said:

What do you think?

Seen this before, chances are the external is failing (or the USB connection is going south on it)

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

It should not, except when you remove external drive without safety remove hardware. Sometimes when Windows reports that transfer is complete, is not 100% true, so you should wait a little longer until whole cache was flushed and NTFS informations updated. But maybe you have some problem with transfer, who knows. Looks almost impossible.