RED defense video getting edited...

Don't know if it's a potential wan show content, but I fell on this video and was a bit curious

First, I was intrigued... I like those guys, they are competent in cinema and VFX matter as well as being charismatic in most of their videos. But seriously, this video looks more like a shitshow to me. The saddest part of the video: when they were proven wrong on their "proprietary SSD being better than generic" point, they just edited it out. They forgot to remove the captions though so you can still see what they said to defend RED's overpriced generic SSD.

I am super curious to see what Linus would have to say about that. I know the video is from 2017, but it was edited recently. It's not the first time we've seen Linus trashed on by other youtubers and every time it happened, it resulted in awesome content. So I would like to see that one as well. They bring up some very interesting points in their... let's be honest... super chaotic video! So maybe there is something to be worked on here.

Turn on closed captions at the 3-minute timestamp  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuSJ5k1orBk&t=180s

P.S. : If LTT already made a response to that video, can you please share it in this post as well?

Dear diary: Today was not tomorrow and not yesterday, which I think is nice...

//Overengineering example:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  string s = "Hello World";
  for (int i = 0; i < s.length(); ++i)
  {
      cout << s[i];
  }
  return 0;
}

8 minutes ago, Sirmyself said:

If LTT already made a response to that video, can you please share it in this post as well?

They did a collaboration with them about it

https://youtu.be/-W6JfiC-QBk

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

They did a collaboration with them about it

https://youtu.be/-W6JfiC-QBk

wow I actually forgot that video loll

Still though... They edited out the part they were wrong instead of doing an actual follow up video on that. Almost like the Verge did...

EDIT Also... they didn't really address all the bitching in the original video...

#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  {
      cout << s[i];
  }
  return 0;
}

12 minutes ago, Sirmyself said:

wow I actually forgot that video loll

Still though... They edited out the part they were wrong instead of doing an actual follow up video on that. Almost like the Verge did...

EDIT Also... they didn't really address all the bitching in the original video...

I believe they addressed it somewhere along the line, but the vid is probably edited down because lmg and corridor cleared it up between themselves.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

I believe they addressed it somewhere along the line, but the vid is probably edited down because lmg and corridor cleared it up between themselves.

Yeah probably. Can't help but wish they would address it publicly somehow... the video is still out there and even if their vote ratio is awful, there probably still will be people among their subscribers that will deprecate Linus over that video without even knowing what they are talking about.

(*yeah... that's probably an already lost battle)

#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  {
      cout << s[i];
  }
  return 0;