Forgot Anker powerbank connected to a dreamhack computer :facepalm:

Keystone Nyan Cat

Unsure if anything will come of this, but I forgot my 20,000 mAh powerbank + red Anker cable connected to one of the dreamhack admin computers for charging (it had run dry, got approval for someone to use the computers USB port to charge it). In a rush to get to the station Midway through the event today, I forgot to get it back in time for my train back to Seattle. 

Welp, guess it's goodbye for it, right? I mean, LTX is over and I'm now in another country. Unsure why I'm even posting this other than to tell you all that I'm an idiot ?‍♂️

PC in Profile

5 hours ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

Unsure if anything will come of this, but I forgot my 20,000 mAh powerbank + red Anker cable connected to one of the dreamhack admin computers for charging (it had run dry, got approval for someone to use the computers USB port to charge it). In a rush to get to the station Midway through the event today, I forgot to get it back in time for my train back to Seattle. 

Welp, guess it's goodbye for it, right? I mean, LTX is over and I'm now in another country. Unsure why I'm even posting this other than to tell you all that I'm an idiot ?‍♂️

You're from India right? Just shipping there would probably almost cost a new power bank, no?

Either way, you can try to contact Dreamhack. If you're lucky they found it but I take you'd have to provide shipping for it.

Actually, working on the US from here on out; came by early for LTX. I'd try contacting Dreamhack, but they don't have a contact us button on their website :( 

PC in Profile

Silva from DreamHack here.

I don't remember seeing anything like that when we were cleaning up, but if any of my staff found it, they would've brought it to the venue (who holds on to all the lost and found after the show). Try contacting their public numbers. While you do that, I'll see if I can find a specific number to reach out to that would be tied to our show/coordinator. Good luck!

Found this on the convention center FAQ:

I left something behind after an event. How do I reach the Lost & Found department?

A. Please email (LostAndFound@vancouverconventioncentre.com) the date you believe you left the item, a description of the item and your contact information. Items found following events at the Vancouver Convention Centre will remain in Lost & Found for 30 days, after which time they will be donated to one of our designated charities.

6 hours ago, Puddleduck said:

Found this on the convention center FAQ:

I left something behind after an event. How do I reach the Lost & Found department?

A. Please email (LostAndFound@vancouverconventioncentre.com) the date you believe you left the item, a description of the item and your contact information. Items found following events at the Vancouver Convention Centre will remain in Lost & Found for 30 days, after which time they will be donated to one of our designated charities.

You rock

Just sent them an email, thanks!

@RGB_SilvaThanks for letting me know; I've contacted the Vancouver Convention Center, but if anything shows up on Dreamhacks side, please let me know! It was connected on the back of one of the (admin?) computers on the side nearest to the main stage (got their consent prior to doing so)

Edit- Vancouver Convention Center got back to me; nothing matching that powerbank has been turned in :(

PC in Profile