5 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

How about this one??

Not a fan of the blower on the 5700 XT. If he goes with that gpu I would wait for the aftermarket versions instead.

Looks like he wants 32GB Ram as well.

Otherwise it looks ok. 

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Not a fan of the blower on the 5700 XT. If he goes with that gpu I would wait for the aftermarket versions instead.

Looks like he wants 32GB Ram as well.

Otherwise it looks ok. 

32 gb fr what? Cities : Skylines..

Yeah, the current blower style navi gpus are crap when it comes to thermals. 

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

No build is perfect, thats why we suggest things. Chose B-die simply from a quality / compatibility standpoint. It is a first build afterall

If that PSU has protection issues, i'm surprised as i picked it from the psu tier list under budget (tier B)

That would seem as a nobrainer indeed. But when checking the following list, you will notice that the X570 board needs additional cooling or is borderline on the VRM's for overclocking a 3950x when it comes out, where the X470 wouldn't need that. So that entails the VRM's are stronger on the X470 than the X570.

In your case it wouldn't be an issue, with a 3700x, but it could limit your choices in the future if you want to grab a 2nd hand to lengthen your system's lifetime a bit

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview

-- edit

The price difference between local retailers and pc part picker is indeed quite big. i cannot account for that unfortunately.

Except you don't need b die that is the point. The memory controller is a lot better than it was on the 1xxx series. There are people getting good overclocking results on Micron E die. 

There is a thread about the G3 somewhere on here. I am sure @LukeSavenije can give you the details.

How do you know any board is borderline for a cpu that isn't even out ? Also that spreadsheet is showing worst case results for an overclocked cpu. There isn't much manual overclocking headroom anyway so you can just let it run at stock and leave precision boost to do it's thing.

5 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

32 gb fr what? Cities : Skylines..

Yeah, the current blower style navi gpus are crap when it comes to thermals. 

Op had 32GB in his original spec so if that is what he wants. Those sort of games can chew through system resources especially with lots of mods. If he has the budget for 32GB then he might as well go for it. Ram is pretty cheap at the moment anyway.

I think the better cards are due out Aug/Sept.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Op had 32GB in his original spec so if that is what he wants. Those sort of games can chew through system resources especially with lots of mods. If he has the budget for 32GB then he might as well go for it. Ram is pretty cheap at the moment anyway.

I think the better cards are due out Aug/Sept.

yeah, asrock just showed off their 5700xt cards which are set to release in august.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

9 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Except you don't need b die that is the point. The memory controller is a lot better than it was on the 1xxx series. There are people getting good overclocking results on Micron E die. 

Fair enuff, valid argument.

There is a thread about the G3 somewhere on here. I am sure @LukeSavenije can give you the details.

If he could update the tier list, that'd be awesome ;)

How do you know any board is borderline for a cpu that isn't even out ? Also that spreadsheet is showing worst case results for an overclocked cpu. There isn't much manual overclocking headroom anyway so you can just let it run at stock and leave precision boost to do it's thing.

Good question i do not know the answer too. but my geuss is that it was tested by simply applying power to the board and as such faking an actual CPU. I just like stuff to last i geuss so i rather pick quality parts. And since actual information is scarce / non existent. I try my best.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

11 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

High set protections, 2/5 tests failed

one had a dead unit, the other went out of atx spec

28 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

Fair enuff, valid argument.

If he could update the tier list, that'd be awesome ;)

Good question i do not know the answer too. but my geuss is that it was tested by simply applying power to the board and as such faking an actual CPU. I just like stuff to last i geuss so i rather pick quality parts. And since actual information is scarce / non existent. I try my best.

I made a spec on another forum when Ryzen 3xxx first launched and I suggested B die. That is how I was made aware of the cheaper alternative with the Crucial E die kits. The B die was good for Ryzen 1xxx and maybe 2xxx as it was harder to get advertised speeds with cheaper ram. That doesn't seem to be the case now with the 3xxx series.

That spreadsheet is a good guideline but I wouldn't take it as gospel. Any X570 should handle a 16 core at stock as vendors such as Asus seemed to have learned not to cheap out on the VRM with X570. Even the TUF boards are now decent, whereas B450/X470 TUF boards were pretty awful.

Thank you for all your support!

I think I'll go with @lee32uk's configuration. But there is still a tiny problem: I don't really care about RGB lighting, and I was wondering whether it's better to get a non-RGB version of the motherboard (if such version exists).

8 minutes ago, whatUwant said:

Thank you for all your support!

I think I'll go with @lee32uk's configuration. But there is still a tiny problem: I don't really care about RGB lighting, and I was wondering whether it's better to get a non-RGB version of the motherboard (if such version exists).

You will find that the majority of boards have some sort of RGB lighting these days. Pretty hard to avoid. You should be able to turn it off though in the bios.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-to-disable-rgb-lighting-on-your-motherboard/

On 7/22/2019 at 5:29 PM, lee32uk said:

Finally placed all orders.

Some components are either out of stock or take ridiculously long to restock, so I had to replace and/or purchase from other retailers.

PCPartPicker

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor €359.00 @ POWER - Hinta.fi
CPU Cooler ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler €38.00 @ Tietokonekauppa - Hinta.fi
Motherboard Gigabyte - X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard €203.10 @ Tietokonekauppa - Hinta.fi
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory €179.30 @ Tietokonekauppa - Hinta.fi
Storage ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive €90.37 @ Amazon Deutschland - Hinta.fi
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card €812.67 @ Caseking - Hinta.fi
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case €104.90 @ Tietokonekauppa - Hinta.fi
Power Supply Corsair - 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply €123.84 @ Amazon Deutschland - Hinta.fi
Shipping   €30.62
  Total €1941.80