Ryzen 5 3600 No temperature readings

Hi, I am not able to get temperature readings from my new 3600 in any software except HWiNFO64. In there it shows 2 sections: "AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor" and "AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor: Enhanced", the temp is only shown under the enhanced section. The temp reading in there doesn't seem to be reliable either. It fluctuates from 42-59 while idle, really erratically. I have the latest BIOS, latest chipset drivers and the latest versions of the software I'm trying to use to read temps. I am running this on a B350 board. Other software I used that didn't show any CPU temp: HWMonitor, Afterburner/RTSS. Maybe it's just a BIOS/driver issue with B350 and Ryzen 3000? Anyone else have a similar setup and having the same issues or know what is causing this issue?

Having the same issue, except with a 3900x and x570 except my cpu temperature shows up under the motherboard section of HWINFO64. My guess is some driver or chipset issue. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Just now, Airdragonz said:

Having the same issue, except with a 3900x and x570 except my cpu temperature shows up under the motherboard section of HWINFO64. My guess is some driver or chipset issue. 

Thanks for your input. Seems I'm not the only one then. Perhaps it's just a case of HWMonitor and other software needs to be updated to work correctly with 3rd gen Ryzen.

I'm having the same issue. I stuck my R5 3600 in an MSI B450M Bazooka Plus (with an updated Beta BIOS). It seems to be able to read the average temp on HWMonitor but won't give any individual core temps. The temp also won't display on the MSI Afterburner's Riva Tuner overlays.

Does hwinfo64 need to be updated?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

On 7/15/2019 at 11:02 PM, Plutosaurus said:

Does hwinfo64 need to be updated?

Not even sure. I contacted AMD Support and they only told me to install Ryzen Master. Useless advice really since I already had Ryzen Master installed and even it won't read the individual core temps. Just for good measure, I reinstalled Ryzen Master. No dice. Awaiting support's reply again.

Yeah i think it has a lot to do with drivers and or BIOS, as I see my temps stuck at 50 degrees in all software except in HWinfo.

CAM software certainly needs to be upgraded for zen2, as does Rivatuner

My ryzen master works fine on the b450 tomahawk and 3600 cpu. Same with hwinfo, have you deleted and reinstalled ryzen master? I had to do that for it to work right 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, nullredvector said:

Is there a solution to the OP? Is reinstalling the answer?

I had this issue, upgraded CPU + MOBO etc, but used my old windows on my SSD with my old drivers. Reinstalled windows, installed chipset drivers for my motherboard (B450) and it fixed it. You should try it if you haven't.