Basic Share folders

Trying to create a basic share folder for a group in AD, but the users connected cannot view the data, they cannot add any new data. I have given the group permission but the users in it does still dont have access. Can anyone help?

20 minutes ago, AleksanderJM said:

Trying to create a basic share folder for a group in AD, but the users connected cannot view the data, they cannot add any new data. I have given the group permission but the users in it does still dont have access. Can anyone help?

Usually it takes gpupdate /force on user computer, and log off + log on, for permissions to apply correctly. Please try that.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

12 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Usually it takes gpupdate /force on user computer, and log off + log on, for permissions to apply correctly. Please try that.

yeah. Getting the message: "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in ?\Users\SC01\Desktop. Verify the items location and try again."

Every time I try to copy a file from the desktop on the pc to the shared folder. Tried to create a new GPO but getting the error message: "The network name cannot be found."

7 minutes ago, AleksanderJM said:

yeah. Getting the message: "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in ?\Users\SC01\Desktop. Verify the items location and try again."

Every time I try to copy a file from the desktop on the pc to the shared folder. Tried to create a new GPO but getting the error message: "The network name cannot be found."

Why would you share a user's desktop? Might as well just use folder redirection instead.

Use drive mappings via batch script or GPO to the shares instead.

Could you perhaps share a screenshot of the share's permissions? Blur any sensitive information if necessary.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Why would you share a user's desktop? Might as well just use folder redirection instead.

Use drive mappings via batch script or GPO to the shares instead.

Could you perhaps share a screenshot of the share's permissions? Blur any sensitive information if necessary.

I am not trying to share a user desktop. I am trying to copying a file from the user desktop to the shared folder on the server.

9 minutes ago, AleksanderJM said:

I am not trying to share a user desktop. I am trying to copying a file from the user desktop to the shared folder on the server.

But if the desktop reports the file is no longer there, that's not a permission issue. That's just explorer not refreshing.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

With the share you just need to ensure that if its for all users, then under Sharing Permissions it has Read/Write for "Domain Users", then under Security you set the NTFS Permissions for your users, or AD groups depending on what access the users should have.

The error you reported doesn't sound like a problem with the share. 

Need more troubleshooting details, perhaps screenshots etc...if you're still having a problem. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

42 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

With the share you just need to ensure that if its for all users, then under Sharing Permissions it has Read/Write for "Domain Users", then under Security you set the NTFS Permissions for your users, or AD groups depending on what access the users should have.

The error you reported doesn't sound like a problem with the share. 

Need more troubleshooting details, perhaps screenshots etc...if you're still having a problem. 

problem.PNG

permission folder share.PNG

ad group.PNG

I think I did figure out the problem. Something in the domain controller might be broken and I need to reset the keys. Do you guys know how and where I can find how to do it? Every google results ends up in resetting my entire server or something completely different.

46 minutes ago, AleksanderJM said:

I think I did figure out the problem. Something in the domain controller might be broken and I need to reset the keys. Do you guys know how and where I can find how to do it? Every google results ends up in resetting my entire server or something completely different.

"reset the keys" is not a term I'm familiar with. Which keys would that be? Standard AD doesn't have PKI in place, so I guess it's not cryptography related.

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

"reset the keys" is not a term I'm familiar with. Which keys would that be? Standard AD doesn't have PKI in place, so I guess it's not cryptography related.

How can I reactivate my domain without like resetting it? If its possible.

5 minutes ago, AleksanderJM said:

How can I reactivate my domain without like resetting it? If its possible.

You'd need a second domain controller, transfer over the FSMO roles and demote the old one. From that point onward, you'll use your fresh new DC.

23 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You'd need a second domain controller, transfer over the FSMO roles and demote the old one. From that point onward, you'll use your fresh new DC.

shit faq...

Thanku anyway