How to get graphics cards from Asus, msi, etc. for review on my youtube channel ?

nayas

So, I m starting a Youtube channel related to tech (mobiles, laptops, pcs, etc), like ltt was years ago, when it started.

But i dont know how to get some review units from Asus, Msi, etc. so i can review them.

I have seen many youtube videos where youtubers with less than 10k subscribers say 

Thanks to Msi for sending me this review unit

How do they get it?

He has less than 10k subscribers n look what he says at 0:40 .

Edited by nayas
Details

Might be a shot in the dark but... Just ask?

You obviously will have no luck asking for an RTX 2080 TI, but depending on your social image, viewerbase, and experience, they might allow you to pick up some review units.

If you've just started, you're probably not going to have much luck as these companies don't know who you are and most likely see you as just wanting free stuff.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, seoz said:

depending on your social image, viewerbase, and experience

yep completely agree, 

the only reason reviewers get review units or 'free stuff' 

is because they have influence over a certain market hence 'influencers' 

so companies dont mind sending units, because if they review it well, they will get a more sales

since their audience trust their judgement 

so just work with what you have so you can build such an audience 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

Might be a shot in the dark but... Just ask?

You obviously will have no luck asking for an RTX 2080 TI, but depending on your social image, viewerbase, and experience, they might allow you to pick up some review units.

If you've just started, you're probably not going to have much luck as these companies don't know who you are and most likely see you as just wanting free stuff.

So i should email them, n wait for their reply.

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

That would be the best course of action, yes. All you can really do is email and wait, to be honest.

Thanks, any more info that can help me?

Maybe first ask for a loaner unit, even if you would have to pay a deposit. If all goes wel, you'll get the deposit back, have a video, maybe more subs, and eventually build a relationship with the vendor.

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

34 minutes ago, simson0606 said:

Maybe first ask for a loaner unit, even if you would have to pay a deposit. If all goes wel, you'll get the deposit back, have a video, maybe more subs, and eventually build a relationship with the vendor.

That's exactly how most of reviewers got their first hardware for reviews. You pay some amount of money, for them to ship the card to you.

After you are done with your tests, you send GPU back and get your money back as well. But keep in mind that shipping cost from you back to them is paid/covered by you. For most reviewers that's not a problem, since it usually costs around 20-30€ for shipping, but you get more than that from your Youtube partnership. 

That's the way, how you start ... after you get more and more views/subscribers, they won't bother with deposits for sending hardware to you for review, because by then you will have influence on a lot of potential consumers. If you will be successful of course.

Good luck mate!

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

11 hours ago, seoz said:

You obviously will have no luck asking for an RTX 2080 Ti

Yeah RandomGaminginHD is just shy of 300 thousand subscribers by now and the best he ever got for free was a MSi GTX 1070... Free review units are by no means something easy to come by and OP might be far too optimistic.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

9 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Yeah RandomGaminginHD is just shy of 300 thousand subscribers by now and the best he ever got for free was a MSi GTX 1070... Free review units are by no means something easy to come by and OP might be far too optimistic.

WOW i thought RandomGamingHD would have more sponsers than that since that channel videos are really popular lately