MSI 1660 TI Gaming Max with i5-4670K? BOTTLENECK?

I am personally only using my pc for gaming, and a bit of youtube. Im running a 1080 monitor

would my gpu underperform because of my cpu?

thanks in advance :)

Ur looking at only 8% bottleneck from what I've seen online. You would be reaching fps like 80-90 on ultra with Apex legends. Hope this helps :)

The processor does bottleneck the card a bit but it also depends what games you use it for.

Its does bottleneck it but its not by that much, to the point where it would not be noticeable

CPU: Amd Ryzen 3400g 

COOLER: Be Quite Dark Rock Pro 4

MOBO: Aorus x570 elite 

RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengence 3200 MHz 

SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

GPU: Powercolour Red Devil RX570 4GB

PSU: Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold

CASE: Coolermaster H500p Mesh

1 hour ago, Vift said:

I am personally only using my pc for gaming, and a bit of youtube. Im running a 1080 monitor

would my gpu underperform because of my cpu?

thanks in advance :)

It depends on the games and settings you play at. If you're playing a CPU intensive game, it can cause bottlenecks. If you're aiming for higher FPS, then the CPU may not be able to provide that.

But if you do something like 1080p with MSAAx4 and all the bells and whistles, the burden of workload falls more on the GPU and the CPU will not bottleneck the GPU at that point.

Should be fine.  Like mentioned above, the bottleneck will vary by game.  Games that rely more on single core power vs multiple threads should do just nicely on that cpu. Even games that utilize more than 4 cores aren't going to suffer that much with your cpu.  The only limiting factor on that cpu nowadays is the lack of cores, the IPC is still quite strong.

I'm running that same cpu @4ghz with a GTX 1080 on a 144hz screen and have no complaints.