Monitor, can't find what I want/need- HELP

Cypresser

I currently own a surface book. The clarity, colors, brightness, and quality of the display has spoiled me. I have one complaint. It's not a monitor, and it is at 60hz. I have searched (a ton), gone to stores, and talked to MANY people on the phone. I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

A glossy display
3000x2000 + res. (oem surface book res)
More than 120 hz refresh rate
IPS has high quality as the surface book display.
displayport cable use and hdmi 2.0(+)

If you can recommend a monitor or tv that utilizes these things that I can use with a custom built pc. please. point me in the right direction, because I have dug, and I can't find it if it exists.

Thanks in advance folks!

43 minutes ago, Cypresser said:

3000x2000 + res. (oem surface book res)
More than 120 hz refresh rate

Um... Not available on the market at the moment - at least not in the consumer space.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, kirashi said:

Um... Not available on the market at the moment - at least not in the consumer space.

If not available in the consumer space, who is making such a thing?

What about this doesn't exist?

the 3000x2000?

Even if i could get a damn ips gaming monitor that ISN'T matte I would be happier. 

15 hours ago, Cypresser said:

If not available in the consumer space, who is making such a thing?

What about this doesn't exist?

I snipped the 2 things that don't go together: the screen resolution & refresh rate. However, I stand corrected - it appears that there indeed are now 4K displays at 165Hz refresh rates on the market, but they're NOT cheap - ASUS PG27UQ goes for around $2000 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-PG27UQ-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07F1VGGLK/

ASUS-PG27UQ.jpg.0cf1eb914fe1ffd8235b5c7b7c1ce336.jpg

The only other things you'll be hard pressed to find now are a glossy display (not sure why you'd want this if it's not touchscreen, as it will just create reflections) and a panel "as high quality" as the Surface book display. To be clear, you can definitely get IPS displays with 99.99% sRGB coverage (or better) but it won't be identical to the quality of a Surface Book display unless the panel comes off the exact same production line as a Surface Book display.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Thank you for the reply. I have never liked matte displays, the colors that come through just don't look right to me. I also have never liked working in light rooms, my office has no windows- and I prefer it that way. I have a lot of reasons really, as to why i don't like matte displays. Ideally if would need to be: glossy, at least 1440p, and at least 120hz. - These are min spec. calibration of the display can be done later - with software usually.

Also note, I am not really worried about the cost per say. On the underside of 20k was my goal for just the display.

17 minutes ago, Cypresser said:

Thank you for the reply. I have never liked matte displays, the colors that come through just don't look right to me. I also have never liked working in light rooms, my office has no windows- and I prefer it that way. I have a lot of reasons really, as to why i don't like matte displays. Ideally if would need to be: glossy, at least 1440p, and at least 120hz. - These are min spec. calibration of the display can be done later - with software usually.

Also note, I am not really worried about the cost per say. On the underside of 20k was my goal for just the display.

I have the above display and it’s the best IPS display out there right now with a high refresh rate. 

Pretty much exactly what you are looking for. 

12 hours ago, Knight77 said:

I have the above display and it’s the best IPS display out there right now with a high refresh rate. 

Pretty much exactly what you are looking for. 

Is it glossy or is it matte?

On 6/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, kirashi said:

I snipped the 2 things that don't go together: the screen resolution & refresh rate. However, I stand corrected - it appears that there indeed are now 4K displays at 165Hz refresh rates on the market, but they're NOT cheap - ASUS PG27UQ goes for around $2000 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-PG27UQ-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07F1VGGLK/

ASUS-PG27UQ.jpg.0cf1eb914fe1ffd8235b5c7b7c1ce336.jpg

The only other things you'll be hard pressed to find now are a glossy display (not sure why you'd want this if it's not touchscreen, as it will just create reflections) and a panel "as high quality" as the Surface book display. To be clear, you can definitely get IPS displays with 99.99% sRGB coverage (or better) but it won't be identical to the quality of a Surface Book display unless the panel comes off the exact same production line as a Surface Book display.

this is like the very best gaming monitor you can buy imo,the colors are  just amazing and the pics really dont do it justice

5 hours ago, xreaperx22 said:

this is like the very best gaming monitor you can buy imo,the colors are  just amazing and the pics really dont do it justice

I have been doing some reading.
Can one even play AAA titles with 4k at 144fps with current gpu/cpus? It doesn't appear to be "possible" at this time.

You can’t play at 4K 144hz the max is probably like 90hz with a titan rtx ,you should get a 1440p 144hz monitor

4 hours ago, Adsome2007 said:

You can’t play at 4K 144hz the max is probably like 90hz with a titan rtx ,you should get a 1440p 144hz monitor

See, this is where I am starting to lean. Though, again, glossy.

15 hours ago, Cypresser said:

I have been doing some reading.
Can one even play AAA titles with 4k at 144fps with current gpu/cpus? It doesn't appear to be "possible" at this time.

I can get 4K 144 and above in a lot of games with dual 2080 Ti’s. 

So I got a rep at Best Buy to let me play around with the floor models of a lot of monitors and laptops. I have some interesting results to my eye. I brought in my own surface book gen 1 to compare.

They happened to have pretty much all the new laptops just released. Which also includes the Razor Blade 15 2019 Advanced Model. Honestly, unless looking from a much more extreme angle than I would in really almost any situation, the Razor blades screen legit- looked better than my surface book. Now please note, I did find that the peak brightness on the blade did NOT match the surface book. I set my surface to 75% in these images, where the Razor was at 100%. I took these images with my note 8. Its a bit difficult to tell over the internet- for obvious reasons. however. in person. I am VERY pleased with the razor blade screen.

Thoughts on this? Opinions? Etc?

The few things I noticed that would be different is the temp. the Razor, just sitting there- (though flat- and god know how long its been sitting there in demo mode) was a bit warmer than what i am used to. the keyboard, is VERY similar as for the key presses go, however, the arrow keys- super weird place. It would likely take me a while to get used to that.

I may end up opting for the 17 inch pro just because the extra m.2 slot that I can put- whatever- in. The size doesn't bother me, at all (the 17), in fact I likely would prefer it. From my understanding the 17 uses the exact same screen as the advanced 15.

There is one last caveat to this- there has been (rumors) about the surface 3 being much more "gaming" focused. I may just wait until november to make that final decision due to this and the surface book may also have a 10th gen cpu. So, we will see how this goes over the next 4-5 months.

I did look at the razor models, and to be frank the anti-glare coatings were all VERY thick, and very noticeable. They did not have a scar 3 there fyi.

razer blade 2019 15 inch advanced screen shot.jpg

razer bld 15 and sfc book together.jpg

surface book gen 1 screen shot.jpg

Look at the Planar IX2790. It's a different direction than the 144hz 1440p that has also been recommended here, but it's glossy, it's IPS, and it's 5K so you keep your high DPI.

9 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

Look at the Planar IX2790. It's a different direction than the 144hz 1440p that has also been recommended here, but it's glossy, it's IPS, and it's 5K so you keep your high DPI.

Not looking for 60 hz in 2019, thank you for the suggestion. if i was looking for something low frame rate, that would be MUCH easier. there are a ton of options out there for that- and better than the ix2790