Help me identify my laptop RAM collection.

I'm looking to see what I have access to inorder to choose a laptop to buy to make sure I can upgrade it correctly.

20190612_155507.jpg?width=507&height=676

From what I can hopefully tell...

Bottom left is 4GB DDR3L

Bottom right & the one above it are 2GB DDR3L

Guessing the middle left one is DDR3L as well because the shape is the same, but I'm not certain. Is it 8GB because of the number of modules on it?

I think the top two are some kind of DDR2. Not sure exactly how laptop memory was before DDR3.

No idea what the green one on the middle-right is, but by the shape and modules I'd guess it's another 2GB of DDR3L

I just want to confirm. If that one module is infact 8GB I could get a used 5th gen thinkpad and pimp it out. or at the very least make it 10-12GB

2 minutes ago, Joko said:

Is it 8GB because of the number of modules on it?

Google the number on the modules themselves. It should give the the exact storage of each module. It doubt each module is 1GB.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Top 2 are DDR2 if they're prefixed with PC2-xxxx which it looks like they are

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Top two sticks are DDR2, all the rest is DDR3 and DDR3L.

If you look closely at the label, gonna use the middle right one as an example, it reads:

2GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S and some numbers.

2GB is the capacity.

1Rx8 I forget exactly, I think it has to do with the ranking.

PC3L is the memory type, that's DDR3L.

12800S is the memory speed, you're looking at 1600Mhz.

4 minutes ago, Joko said:

Is it 8GB because of the number of modules on it?

No, memory density can change. Look at the top right Samsung, that's 2GB of DDR2. Same number of modules as the middle left stick of DDR3. The density is different though, each module on the 2GB stick likely has less megabytes than the middle left DDR3.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The only laptops I'd consider from the DDR2 range would be something like a ThinkPad T60/T61/X61 or a Latitude E5400/5500. The batteries for those ThinkPads are getting to be more than the laptops themselves are worth, $40+ even for Chinese knockoffs, so I'd shy away from the DDR2 entirely and go with a DDR3 laptop.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

38 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you look closely at the label, gonna use the middle right one as an example, it reads:

2GB is the capacity.

No, memory density can change. Look at the top right Samsung, that's 2GB of DDR2. Same number of modules as the middle left stick of DDR3. The density is different though, each module on the 2GB stick likely has less megabytes than the middle left DDR3.

It's hard to tell, but I think the numbers on the little modules for the blue one without a label are...

h5t01g83bfr

Google search only gave me one result for this

http://diggishot.com/Catalog May 2011.pdf

They also say "hynix c" on them

H9C on left

951a on right

mwjba968u91 as the last line

31 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

2GB is the capacity.

And the green one without a label reads on the modules...

"corsair

512mbdcjg

elb0301247

e228x8br64111"