Should I update to 1903 Windows 10, now or wait ?

Rheostat

for me it's been fine. unless it's a VM, it has issues in a VM.

but on real hardware it's ok. on my setup anyway. 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

for me it's been fine. unless it's a VM, it has issues in a VM.

but on real hardware it's ok. on my setup anyway. 

How is the experience and performance of the update ?

Just now, Penkid said:

How is the experience and performance of the update ?

I haven't had anything else on this pc (built it last Sunday) but it feels about like it should. no big slowdowns or missing files anyway lmao

She/Her

one thing, I did a clean install. not an upgrade. so I can't say anything about the upgrade process. 

She/Her

just upgraded yesterday - 1 BSOD right after upgrade was complete... may have been related to nvidia drivers.. so i upgraded to new version and no BSOD since that..

I upgraded 4 computers already without any problems. Even one problem was fixed (related to Radmin, which was important to me). Works similar, maybe even a little better. Upgrade was smooth and pretty fast.

Noticed problems:

- if you have startup delay set to 0, you must set it up again after upgrade,

- if you have title bar modification (smaller size) - you must set it up after upgrade,

- if you have alt+tab classic enabled in registry - you must re-enable it after upgrade,

- if you have special update settings, most of them stays the same, but maybe some of them will need to setup again,

- check services after upgrade and make sure that BITS and Windows Update are not disabled (especially if you have them disabled or set to manual now).

I attached three registry files if you need them. One with smaller title bars is very useful - I found it on some other website and it looks good (better than huge standard ones).

reg.zip

Did a clean install on day 1. No issues on my side at all related to windows on my desktop.

I do have a strange BSOD issue on my laptop (old HP 840 G1), but I'm pretty sure it's related to the ethernet driver failing since it is a DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE and the only thing that fails to boot, is the ethernet driver. I have to manually disable the device and reenable it to fix it... So I just created a Task on boot that does exactly that with Devcon.... Maybe if intel updated their drivers, it would fix it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro