Boot drive not detected

JorenBus

So I just booted up my computer, when I got the message that there is no boot drive detected. The exact message I get is 'Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.' I use a SanDisk SSD that's a little over 2 years old, so not that old. 

If I go into the boot sequence in the BIOS, it detects the SSD but when I click on it, it says 'no bootable device found'.

How can I fix this? Is my SSD dead?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

I doubt it, ssd's are supposed to last longer than hdd, though there is a chance you got a bad ssd. How long ago have you had this problem? Did you recently install windows on it, or did you update windows?

Just now, Dr Seuss said:

I doubt it, ssd's are supposed to last longer than hdd, though there is a chance you got a bad ssd. How long ago have you had this problem? Did you recently install windows on it, or did you update windows?

I've never had this problem, until 5 minutes ago. I didn't install Windows recently or did a major update of Windows. I also tried a different SATA and power cable, to no avail.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

1 minute ago, JorenBus said:

I've never had this problem, until 5 minutes ago. I didn't install Windows recently or did a major update of Windows. I also tried a different SATA and power cable, to no avail.

Did you try moving the ssd to a different computer and check the files to see if they are corrupt? 

Did you force boot from this drive, or change your boot order to try making it work?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Dr Seuss said:

Did you try moving the ssd to a different computer and check the files to see if they are corrupt? 

I don't have a different computer to my disposal at the moment, so I'm not able to test it unfortunately. 

Just now, fasauceome said:

Did you force boot from this drive, or change your boot order to try making it work?

Well I can't select the drive as boot device since it says that there's not boot device present. How can I force boot it?

As you can see in this picture IMG_20190527_155252.thumb.jpg.28f1fb7b3dcdfa953def10cbc3162c09.jpg

, my SSD gets detected but I can't select it as boot drive as seen below

IMG_20190527_155310.thumb.jpg.34c1a65107e40caaa8897663cbc85ef6.jpg

So, anyone? I really don't know what to do.

1 hour ago, Dr Seuss said:

I just tried this and the SSD shows up in device manager. What can I do next?