Help, I'm gonna cry

Aaron7323

Greetings forum. Please help, I'm reaching the point that I might consider just buying a new pc at this point. So my problem is as follows. My computer freezes. Times are a bit random but it's every 30 min or so. Freezes up for a good 15 seconds where I can't do anything, the sound still works though. If I'm in a game, game and everything will freeze but I can still chat on discord. Even happens on occasion when I'm not in a game such as when im working on a word document. Weird I know. So this happened when I upgraded my pc. I got a new power supply (antec eag 550w gold standard), ssd (Kingston 480gb) and lastly graphics card (second hand gtx 1070 Asus dual OC). So I tried reinstalling windows, this helped but not a lot. It reduced the frequency of freezes. I then upgraded ALL, my drivers. No help. Reinstalled MOBO bios. No help. After this I tried running all the diagnostics I could. Hard drive sentinel came back with nothing. Malwarebytes, came back with nothing. Tried resetting the vbios on graphics card, again, nothing. Only thing I noticed was whenever it would freeze, the Gpu usage would drop to 0%. Now since this card was second hand and previously used for mining I thought maybe it was that and after trying to troubleshoot everything else my only thought is it has to he the gpu. So I replaced it. Bought a new xfx Rx590 fat boy. Placed it in pc, installed drivers and boom! It happened again. I don't know where to go now. What could be the problem at this point. Please help. I've also run Memtest now and no errors.

Specs:

I7 4790

Asrock z97 anniversary

Hyperx 16gb (2x 8gb)

Kingston 480gb ssd

3tb hdd

Antec eag 550w gold psu

Xfx rx590 gpu

2 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Is your SSD, a A400 model? Is your windows installed in it? That have been cases of this particular model freezing up windows. I have one. Tried it out cuz someone said the issue was fixable through firmware update, freezing started to happen, downloaded Kingston software, it didn't even recognized the ssd even tho was working normally apart from the freezes. Had no choice but to buy a new SSD. an 860 EVO. No freezing there after.

It is indeed the A400 model sir. How would I test if that is the issue without installing windows on a new drive?

1 minute ago, Aaron7323 said:

It is indeed the A400 model sir. How would I test if that is the issue without installing windows on a new drive?

Do you still have your old drive with windows on it?

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

8 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Do you still have your old drive with windows on it? 

nope sold it.

6 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

I don't know another way i'm afraid. Those who had this SSD without it being a boot drive, eventually had issues where their files would become read-only and unusable. There was a huge sale in my country early this year and this SSD was sold like hotcakes. There were many threads created by people that ran into issue with it. Some were fortunate enough and were able to fix it through the firmware by Kingston's SSD Manager software. Others such as myself, weren't so lucky...

im going to the SSD manager, if not Ill attempt installing on another drive. Thanks so much for the response, been trying to solve this for ages so I hope this helps.

do you have another drive around you could try installing windows on? could be SSD?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016