Mini PC Recommendations for grandparents

hey guys just wondering if any of you can recommend any mini PC's for my grandparents, i was looking at using an Intel NUC but seems a little over priced so are there many other options around this size looking at spending no more then $500 AUD, please recommend any Mini or SFF Pc's. does not need to me high specs at all its for word docs and scanning and emailing other documents  

If you have to go small, then the NUC is pretty fairly priced. Mini PCs seem overpriced because you're paying for the form factor.

Can you buy used?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9020-USFF-i5-4590s-QC-2-90Ghz-8GB-Ram-128Gb-SSD-Win-10-Desktop-PC/192642693264

SFF/USFF Dells are dirt cheap and tossing an SSD into it should probably do what you'd need out of it. Theoretically you wouldn't even need to touch it since it's generally going to come with Windows 10 also. You can't stick a video card into a USFF AFAIK so you'd be out of luck if it needs like a GT 1030 for modern video codecs, youtube, ect.

Yeah get a business class optiplex or thinkcentre from a local refurbisher with a decent warranty. Those things are cheap and bulletproof. 

heres a decent option in Aus, I'd get an ssd for it. 

https://www.reboot-it.com.au/p/Used-Computers/Core-i7/Lenovo-ThinkCentre-SFF-M93p-i7-4770-3.4GHz-4GB-250/71936

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

34 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

Can you buy used?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9020-USFF-i5-4590s-QC-2-90Ghz-8GB-Ram-128Gb-SSD-Win-10-Desktop-PC/192642693264

SFF/USFF Dells are dirt cheap and tossing an SSD into it should probably do what you'd need out of it. Theoretically you wouldn't even need to touch it since it's generally going to come with Windows 10 also. You can't stick a video card into a USFF AFAIK so you'd be out of luck if it needs like a GT 1030 for modern video codecs, youtube, ect.

^This^

^^^All the this^^^

Grab an Optiplex 790 USFF with an i5-2500S and 8GB of RAM, then add in a 240GB/480GB SSD. You'll spend a little more than you would on a "mini PC" with an Atom or Celeron inside, but you'll get something much more capable. The catch would be graphics. Don't even try to do 4K playback from this machine. I never had problems at 1080p.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.