Video editing monitor?? It's or tn

Vance44

So I'm thinking mostly for video editing an ips monitor would be best for more accurate colors..

But as I'm looking and shopping around I'm just finding mostly tn monitors... Would it make that big of a difference if I just got with a the monitor??

Not to mention I'm not finding many that say they have display ports?

What is the price range?

I would definitely go with an IPS monitor if you are doing mostly video editing, 

but if you are on a very tight budget, and you are a video editing as a hobby then technically yes, you can do video editing on a TN.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Well I do both it's about 50/50 ... Just having a hard time deciding what would be better ... I game a little... But edit just as much and don't want colors to be off when color grading?

So will I notice that much of a difference?

Will editing and color grading on a tn monitor cause me to be that off? 

Another stupid question if I'm editing 4K footage will it play back better on a 4K monitor?

Or does that not really matter?

are you pretty good with dual monitors then? ... would you be willing to help me get them all set up? lol 

if you want to remote into my computer and help walk me through it i would be ok with doing that ? 

What monitor do you have right now?

Are you satisfied with the end look of the finished product?

If you're using a TN and you're happy with the way the colors look once you're done with the work you're doing, then just get another TN and save some money.

It comes down to the price premium that YOU personally put on being able to have accurate colors. How much is that accuracy worth to you?

$200? $6000? Somewhere in the range of available panels, there will be a monitor that makes sense for the level of work you're doing and the pricepoint that you're willing to deal with.

If you're just starting out and want something for a reasonable budget, take a look at something like the U2715H from Dell. It's QHD, has both HDMI and DP inputs, and has great color repro. Dell has many options in the Ultrasharp lineup if you want to step up to something pricier.

13 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

What monitor do you have right now?

Are you satisfied with the end look of the finished product?

If you're using a TN and you're happy with the way the colors look once you're done with the work you're doing, then just get another TN and save some money.

It comes down to the price premium that YOU personally put on being able to have accurate colors. How much is that accuracy worth to you?

$200? $6000? Somewhere in the range of available panels, there will be a monitor that makes sense for the level of work you're doing and the pricepoint that you're willing to deal with.

If you're just starting out and want something for a reasonable budget, take a look at something like the U2715H from Dell. It's QHD, has both HDMI and DP inputs, and has great color repro. Dell has many options in the Ultrasharp lineup if you want to step up to something pricier.

i ended up getting a 4k display from lg ips display ... turned out good im happy