Audio muffled after switching to new pc

Shock123

I've always used headphones when gaming. I used them all the time on my old gaming laptop and the audio sounded crisp and clean. But now, i'm on a new pc, and the audio just sounds like your ears are plugged up with water and it just sounds really muffled. I honestly don't know what to do. Any help?

first, make sure your headset is plugged in all the way, if that doesn't fix the issue then you should check the settings of your pc and optimize the sound coming out

check your sound settings make sure your not playing suround sound or set to like 5.1 suround on realtek

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

check your sound settings make sure your not playing suround sound or set to like 5.1 suround on realtek

this is what it is set to. Also, apparently it needs to be called "realtek hd audio" instead of "Realtek(R) Audio" 

44444.png

2 hours ago, Duckster said:

first, make sure your headset is plugged in all the way, if that doesn't fix the issue then you should check the settings of your pc and optimize the sound coming out

they are plugged in all the way. Also, what do you mean by "you should check the settings of your pc and optimize the sound coming out"

45 minutes ago, Shock123 said:

they are plugged in all the way. Also, what do you mean by "you should check the settings of your pc and optimize the sound coming out"

What I meant is go into the settings and change the settings until it sounds better.

50 minutes ago, Shock123 said:

this is what it is set to. Also, apparently it needs to be called "realtek hd audio" instead of "Realtek(R) Audio" 

44444.png

do you have spatial sounds on? that could bea affecting it

15 minutes ago, rice guru said:

do you have spatial sounds on? that could bea affecting it

no spacial sounds. I've been troubleshooting all day and I still can't find anything

I recommend you right click the Realtek audio, hit properties, check "disable all enhancements" in the enhancements / advanced tab. I may be slightly off with my specifics but I hope you get the idea. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

8 hours ago, Lauen said:

I recommend you right click the Realtek audio, hit properties, check "disable all enhancements" in the enhancements / advanced tab. I may be slightly off with my specifics but I hope you get the idea. 

already tried that, still nothing :(