Corsair Void RGB Wireless battery issues

NickToye

Hi I acquired a headset from a friend, he hardly used them as he won another pair.  The ones in question are the Corsair Void RGB Wireless ones.  Problem I am having is that the thing doesn't seem to charge, I've done all the steps listed here - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1001719#post1001719

Left them charging for around 6 hours tonight while I was out, the light was showing amber, and it was still showing amber when I got home, so I thought I would see how they were doing.  iCue said they were at 76%, but within a minute this dropped to 26% and 2 minutes later they shut down with no battery.

Any ideas?

@Corsair Nick

23 minutes ago, NickToye said:

Just send it in under warranty

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

10 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just send it in under warranty

Not sure he still has it, think he may have purchased it from a store that went bust.

Either way, I think i'm going to get my money back and buy a new one.

4 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Your friend just gave you his broken headset.

Well I don't know that, I would hope that was not the case.

17 hours ago, NickToye said:

Not sure he still has it, think he may have purchased it from a store that went bust.

Either way, I think i'm going to get my money back and buy a new one.

If the headset is less than a year or two old than there will be a warranty through Corsair not the store he bought it from, contact Corsair support and give them the serial or product number and they can help you see if they headset is still under warranty. Have you tried a different charging cable yet? Any micro usb will work.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If the headset is less than a year or two old than there will be a warranty through Corsair not the store he bought it from, contact Corsair support and give them the serial or product number and they can help you see if they headset is still under warranty. Have you tried a different charging cable yet? Any micro usb will work.

yeah I did, he's got it back now.  Says I have first refusal when he gets it back, so if its cheaper then brand new, then could be worth thinking about.

If cycling the battery isn't working, the headset most likely will need to be replaced.  As far as warranty goes, I would have your friend create a ticket and submit his info because our warranty is not transferable.  If the headset is within 2 years, we can get a replacement sent out.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

4 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

If cycling the battery isn't working, the headset most likely will need to be replaced.  As far as warranty goes, I would have your friend create a ticket and submit his info because our warranty is not transferable.  If the headset is within 2 years, we can get a replacement sent out.

Yeah I believe he will do that.

The joys of wireless headphones. They are nice to have but suck when you have battery issues. Hope you get this figured out 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x