I have no luck with building pc’s, second attempt at it and I’m still having problems, someone help!!!!!

DanG77881

Hi so I’m trying to download windows onto my pc and I got the installation media onto the usb but when I put the usb in and it starts it gives this blue screen error, I tried reinstalling the media and putting the usb into different ports and still have the same problem, here’s the error code. 

B7A0E75F-74B7-4488-A351-BD9C4708AD5E.jpeg

What kind of port are you using? USB2.0 or USB3.0 port? I have read several topics where using the 3.0 port is problematic due to missing 3.0 chipset drivers on the installation boot. 2.0 chipsets seem to be very well supported.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Are you overclocked? Try disabling any overclock features in the BIOS. Also disable any unnecessary performance features.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR means that a hardware error has occurred (usually implying failed/failing hardware). It's possible this error is a false positive and likely is if the system has been otherwise stable prior to your attempted upgrade.

Like knightslugger said try a USB2.0 port if you haven't already. Also try using a port on the back of the motherboard if you're not already.

Do you know if the motherboard supports UEFI? Try using Rufus to create your boot media and setting the partition scheme to GPT for UEFI. If BIOS UEFI isn't supported select MBR for BIOS then try installing again.

If this fails I would try using a different thumb drive. It's possible the thumb drive itself is failing.

If you attach a pcpartpicker list, we might catch something that's hurting the boot process.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

Are you overclocked? Try disabling any overclock features in the BIOS. Also disable any unnecessary performance features.

Brand new build haven’t changed any bios settings 

On 4/17/2019 at 9:50 AM, DanG77881 said:

Whoops that's not the permalink, that's just the pcpartpicker URL for their site.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What version of Windows are you installing?

Primary PC:

Maybe one of your RAM is faulty. Try use only 1 stick.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

What version of Windows are you installing?

1 minute ago, DanG77881 said:

Right, but pro, home, etc

Primary PC:

54 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Right, but pro, home, etc

Pro

If this is your first time around, stick with RAM that is not beyond the specification of the CPU.  Most problems I see are due to people not loading the correct XMP profile or the memory having really unstable default timings.  Sometimes this comes down to motherboard firmware problems as well.  If you want a setup that 100% "just works", stick with parts that are all chosen by matching the specs rather than looking at OC numbers.

With the 8700k I believe this would mean using 2400 or 2666 rated memory.