Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Earache

Looking for palm grip mouse for big hand (replacement for Func MS-3)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey all, I realize that this has been asked about in the past, but with new options arriving on the market every day, I'd like a 2019 reassessment.

 

I'm looking for a palm grip mouse to replace my Func MS-3 because it has began acting up. My hand is 20cm from wrist to tip of middle finger, and I really like having the ring and pinky finger rest.

 

I'm aware of options such as the DM Comfy 2 and the Naos 7000 which have a similar style, but unfortunately are considerably smaller than the Func. I've attached an image from a Google image search for reference.

 

Thanks in advance for your response, and I'm happy to answer any questions if need be.

NAOS_MS-3_01.jpg


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best mouse i can think of that has pinky/thumbrest is roccat nyth but it is an mmo mouse with lots of side button and laser sensor.


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Hiya! said:

The best mouse i can think of that has pinky/thumbrest is roccat nyth but it is an mmo mouse with lots of side button and laser sensor.

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately it's a bit on the small side.


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Earache said:

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately it's a bit on the small side.

What? Roccat nyth is gigantic


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

What? Roccat nyth is gigantic

The Nyth is a couple cm smaller in width, probably due to the lack of a secondary finger rest. It might actually be a decent replacement if it weren't for the "MMO" side buttons.


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Earache said:

The Nyth is a couple cm smaller in width, probably due to the lack of a secondary finger rest. It might actually be a decent replacement if it weren't for the "MMO" side buttons.

You generally want a mouse that is 60% of your hand size and its difficult to find a gaming mouse from reputable company that has both pinky and thumbrest..

 

Oh and the side button on the nyth is fully modular so u can take individual button of..


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, Hiya! said:

You generally want a mouse that is 60% of your hand size and its difficult to find a gaming mouse from reputable company that has both pinky and thumbrest..

 

Oh and the side button on the nyth is fully modular so u can take individual button of..

I love my MS-3 and I'm simply looking for a comparable replacement. It's probably right around 60% of my hand size, so that would make sense as to why I greatly appreciate the feel.


I would just buy another Func if they were still around. It's really unfortunate too because the company that acquired them now just makes more boring and run of the mill "RGB gamer" stuff.

I guess there just isn't a big enough market for peripherals that aren't just more of the same.


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Earache said:

guess there just isn't a big enough market for peripherals that aren't just more of the same.

That is Because of the demands and trends.

 

 


Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

 

 

 

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3d Connexion cad mouse is pretty decent. I've found the dedicated MMB button to be surprisingly useful, and its massive, though expensive. 

 

https://www.3dconnexion.co.uk/nc/buy/shop/view/ListView/step/one.html


The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, electrolux said:

The 3d Connexion cad mouse is pretty decent. I've found the dedicated MMB button to be surprisingly useful, and its massive, though expensive. 

 

https://www.3dconnexion.co.uk/nc/buy/shop/view/ListView/step/one.html

This looks pretty awesome, I will add it to my list of considerations. Thanks for the suggestion!


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would look into the Corsair Ironclaw, which is a new design for 2019.  It was designed towards users like yourself with larger hands and wanting a palm grip mouse, but even people with smaller hands really like the design.  Fully programmable with our iCUE software in terms of RGB lighting and button remapping.  You can also save your profile to the mouse and take it with you to use on a different PC with all your remaps.  Let me know if you have any questions about the mouse, or are looking for any specific features, and I can help make some suggestions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
48 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

I would look into the Corsair Ironclaw, which is a new design for 2019.  It was designed towards users like yourself with larger hands and wanting a palm grip mouse, but even people with smaller hands really like the design.  Fully programmable with our iCUE software in terms of RGB lighting and button remapping.  You can also save your profile to the mouse and take it with you to use on a different PC with all your remaps.  Let me know if you have any questions about the mouse, or are looking for any specific features, and I can help make some suggestions.

Hi Nick, thanks for the recommendation. I checked it out on the website, and noticed that there weren't any dimensions for this specific mouse. You wouldn't happen to have access to those, would you?


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I've been checking out the Qpad 5k and 8k. Does anybody know the difference between them, or have experience with these mice?


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out the 3dconnexion Cadmouse... It has three buttons on the top (one dedicated to middle-click) so you get the ring finger resting on the body of the mouse. Best mouse I've ever had! Also has drivers to remap the buttons, so you could use the middle-click button for something useful.

 

https://www.3dconnexion.com/products/cadmouse.html

 


Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

 

E5-1630V4 | Quadro P4000 | X99-E WS | 32GB DDR4-2400 | 960EVO 250GB | 8TB spinning rust

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

Check out the 3dconnexion Cadmouse... It has three buttons on the top (one dedicated to middle-click) so you get the ring finger resting on the body of the mouse. Best mouse I've ever had! Also has drivers to remap the buttons, so you could use the middle-click button for something useful.

 

https://www.3dconnexion.com/products/cadmouse.html

 

I've actually looked into this mouse based on the suggestion of another user. It looks really quite nice, but I've read some troubling reviews about the mouse breaking after less than a year. Can you speak to the reliability of this mouse?


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Earache said:

I've actually looked into this mouse based on the suggestion of another user. It looks really quite nice, but I've read some troubling reviews about the mouse breaking after less than a year. Can you speak to the reliability of this mouse?

I've had mine for 14 months. The aluminum plating on the bottom has worn off in some places, but other than that, it has withstood many (8-10) hours of use daily, and being transported in my backpack to and from school and work. Of course, the "bumpy" finish has worn smooth where my fingers rest, and the feet have worn a bit, but that's to be expected. My one reservation is that the cord is non-replaceable, so without soldering skills and the fortitude to open the mouse up, when the cord goes, so will the mouse.

 

The driver is fantastic, and one of the best customizeable-key interfaces I've used, it doesn't ask for updates often, and stays in the background (No popups, etc.).

 

All of that being said, I fully intend to buy another one when this model dies.


Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

 

E5-1630V4 | Quadro P4000 | X99-E WS | 32GB DDR4-2400 | 960EVO 250GB | 8TB spinning rust

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

I've had mine for 14 months. The aluminum plating on the bottom has worn off in some places, but other than that, it has withstood many (8-10) hours of use daily, and being transported in my backpack to and from school and work. Of course, the "bumpy" finish has worn smooth where my fingers rest, and the feet have worn a bit, but that's to be expected. My one reservation is that the cord is non-replaceable, so without soldering skills and the fortitude to open the mouse up, when the cord goes, so will the mouse.

 

The driver is fantastic, and one of the best customizeable-key interfaces I've used, it doesn't ask for updates often, and stays in the background (No popups, etc.).

 

All of that being said, I fully intend to buy another one when this model dies.

Thank you for sharing! It eases my concerns about potential poor build quality.


BUILD LOGS


Serious Black ] [ 4770k ] [ EK ] [ GRYPHON z87 [ R9 290x [ 16GB @ 1866Mhz [ 500GB EVO [ 6TB Barracuda [ 760w 80+ Plat [ 350]


[ Project Lumos ] [ G3258 H100i ] [ GRYPHON z87 ] [ R9 270 ] [ 8GB @ 1866Mhz ] [ 250GB EVO ] [ 500GB WD Black ] Core 1300 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×