Hey I need help with adapters

Go to solution Solved by Stefan Payne,

Why did you replace it??

Anyway, the one, longer card is what's called mSATA, that's the right adaptor.

The other one however is a mini PCIe Card. that's just a wireless one. You can use some kind of adaptor but it makes little sense because a real PCIe WiFi/BT card isn't much more and rather cheap anyways...

So hey everyone. I have a few question I would love you guys to answer me if possible. 

My new motherboard does not come with these slots Screenshot_20190414-021145_Gallery.thumb.jpg.21b316a99c11fc6b8a7b10a7ac80352c.jpgthis I think is called msata if I'm not wrong. My ssd and my WiFi are connected to that. 

This is the WiFi thingy

20190414_020328.thumb.jpg.d2bebb3fd0379005ad55fc8d5f44c70e.jpg

So basically I found this adapter online 

Screenshot_20190414-020934_eBay.thumb.jpg.bce8fbb1f8f53c4705f6d194ea0fbf05.jpgand I wanted to ask is it possible to buy 2 of those and hook them up via sata? I have 3 Sata l shape cables coming from my psu and 3 small l shaped cables lying around. 

20190414_020648.thumb.jpg.96117442f7470fb7407749bb23edf88b.jpgthese are the l shaped cables I'm talking about. 

Like I said could I just buy 2 of those and hook these up and make them run? Oh and the WiFi thingy has a black and a white antenna that I also have and I could attach it around somewhere in my case if those adapters work obvisouly. Also I have Windows installed on my ssd if I can't use that ssd kn my new mobo can I even start my pc because of no windows. I downloaded Windows 10 to my phone like 4.5 gigs 64bit is it possible to install it then to my hdd if all fails? 

Thanks in advance! 

What's the old motherboard?

What's the new motherboard?

Is this a laptop?  Because usually mini PCIe and mSATA are used for laptops and not desktop PCs.

Do you have any spare PCIe 1x slots on the motherboard? Just buy a PCIe wireless card instead. Cheap ones start at under $15 and no need for a janky adapter solution.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pcie+wireless+card&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PCIe+wireless+card&N=-1&isNodeId=1

5 hours ago, Mustiyo said:

this I think is called msata if I'm not wrong. My ssd and my WiFi are connected to that.

mSATA on the left and mini-PCIe on the right (circled). The connectors are labelled on the board.

12 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Is this a laptop?

Judging by the socketed CPU, the size of the caps next to it, front panel connectors, PCIe slot, and the edge of a large chipset heatsink you can make out on the side of the photo, there's no way this is a laptop motherboard.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

What's the old motherboard?

What's the new motherboard?

Is this a laptop?  Because usually mini PCIe and mSATA are used for laptops and not desktop PCs.

The old mobo is a Acer predator g3-605 motherboard (I don't really have the real name but u can find it under this name) and the new one is a Asrock B85M DASH/OL R2.0. acer-predator-g3-605-lga1150.thumb.jpg.9eeccd6d898249b07e56ee1c0be7b0b7.jpgthis is the acer one 1685104-n0.jpg.b7ab3347c63bb59e52bb17894bc0a10c.jpgasrock B85M DASH/OL R2.0 

Why did you replace it??

Anyway, the one, longer card is what's called mSATA, that's the right adaptor.

The other one however is a mini PCIe Card. that's just a wireless one. You can use some kind of adaptor but it makes little sense because a real PCIe WiFi/BT card isn't much more and rather cheap anyways...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Another question would be 

On 4/14/2019 at 6:42 PM, jonnyGURU said:

So many motherboards these days have on board wi-fi.  Why get a board without Wi-fi if you're going to spend more money on an adapter?

At this rate, I'd ditch the mini PCIe Wi-Fi adapter and just get something like a USB Wi-Fi adapter like this:

https://www.amazon.com/EDUP-ac600Mbps-Wireless-External-10-6-10-13/dp/B01CCMUN8C

I have windows on that ssd If I were to buy a new mobo. Just anew mobo and plug that ssd in that mobo do I have to reinstall windows? Or will it just work as normal?