the search for a sff case

i've been thinking about building a tiny pc for like travel and stuff but i can't find a case for it

i really like the A4-SFX but you can't find it anywhere in europe and wherever you can find it its like 250 euros

im looking for alternatives that are about the same size

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

GEEK A50 comes to mind, should be cheaper and a lot easier to get.

also the Loque Ghost S1

the ghost is only available from their site(220 euros) and the geeek cant be found anywhere in europe xd

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

have you checked SFFlab? is the total with shipping still 250 euros for you?

https://www.sfflab.com/collections/enclosures/products/dan_a4-sfx

(although they're currently on preorder for the next production run, so if you can't wait then probably stick around in this thread for more replies)

otherwise a ZS-A4 clone would still ship from china ._. and also you'd probably want a taobao agent if you don't want to deal with google translate from start to finish

im a bit worried because the price is in dollars so i probably have to pay import fees

Here are a couple:

S4-mini, Node 202, SG13B, Dan A4, Lone L4, SG06, Ncase M1, and FD Nano S are the more common ones.

The SG13B is what I'd recommend. It's on the smaller end and pretty budget but does have a few flaws. Should be around $60 in Greece.

How much are you looking to spend?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

5 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

The SG13B is what I'd recommend

ayyy

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Here are a couple:

S4-mini, Node 202, SG13B, Dan A4, Lone L4, SG06, Ncase M1, and FD Nano S are the more common ones.

The SG13B is what I'd recommend. It's on the smaller end and pretty budget but does have a few flaws.

How much are you looking to spend?

im looking to spend about 100-150 euros

i could manage 200 but it wouldnt be ideal

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

oh dang, not too familiar with the import regulation in the EU ,_, might need to check with the SFFlab people?

sure i can do that

Just now, ki8aras said:

im looking to spend about 100-150 euros

i could manage 200 but it wouldnt be ideal 

If you're looking for ultra-small, you could go with the S4 Mini. Shipping is sometimes subsidized. It'd cost ~220 €, but you'd also have to pay a bit extra for the smaller components to fit inside.

The Ncase M1, Nano S, and SG13B are all what I'd call psuedo-SFF. They're not tiny, but they're on the smaller end. They're what I'd recommend.

The SG13B, although cheap, is a good case (but forget about mounting a 3.5" drive how it's meant to be done). If you want to look into it, LTT did a few old videos on it:

SG13B: Versatile SFF Case, High-spec SG13B Build

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

If you're looking for ultra-small, you could go with the S4 Mini. Shipping is sometimes subsidized. It'd cost ~220 €, but you'd also have to pay a bit extra for the smaller components to fit inside.

The Ncase M1, Nano S, and SG13B are all what I'd call psuedo-SFF. They're not tiny, but they're on the smaller end. They're what I'd recommend.

The SG13B, although cheap, is a good case (but forget about mounting a 3.5" drive how it's meant to be done). If you want to look into it, LTT did a few old videos on it:

SG13B: Versatile SFF Case, High-spec SG13B Build

i really want to get one of those tiny cases like the s4 mini or the a4-sfx but they can't be found anywhere in europe(i sent an email to sfflabs to ask about the import fees)

Just now, ki8aras said:

i really want to get one of those tiny cases like the s4 mini or the a4-sfx but they can't be found anywhere in europe(i sent an email to sfflabs to ask about the import fees) 

You could try emailing Josh (NFC Systems - makes the S4) about import costs and getting a case. He's really good about emails and will probably respond within a day.

Right now, he's not selling and individual cases (He has a low stock and is reserving them for pre-builds). Basically, you can either wait for another production run (which could be a few months) or get a full system from him.

We've been pestering him for the past few months about another production run - there are at minimum ~30 people waiting for it.

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

You could try emailing Josh (NFC Systems - makes the S4) about import costs and getting a case. He's really good about emails and will probably respond within a day.

Right now, he's not selling and individual cases (He has a low stock and is reserving them for pre-builds). Basically, you can either wait for another production run (which could be a few months) or get a full system from him.

We've been pestering him for the past few months about another production run - there are at minimum ~30 people waiting for it.

i guess i could wait for the production run,im not in a hurry

46 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

i've been thinking about building a tiny pc for like travel and stuff but i can't find a case for it

What hardware are you planning for it?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

19 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

What hardware are you planning for it?

probably sth like a ryzen 5 2600 with a c7 cu and a 1070 fe

4 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

Is the Asrock deskmini A300 available in Europe?

only in barebones versions as the Asrock deskmini 110 with a h110 mobo preinstalled(also with only a 90 watt psu)

5 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

only in barebones versions as the Asrock deskmini 110 with a h110 mobo preinstalled(also with only a 90 watt psu)

The A300 is also barebones. But takes a ryzen APU

1 minute ago, Sat1600 said:

The A300 is also barebones. But takes a ryzen APU

yeah but that 90w psu really kills the option of a gpu

2 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

yeah but that 90w psu really kills the option of a gpu

I didn't realize you wanted a GPU. The deskmini does not have a pcie slot. It's tiny.  It would be for really budget gaming. 

4 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

I didn't realize you wanted a GPU. The deskmini does not have a pcie slot. It's tiny.  It would be for really budget gaming. 

yeah with the max being a 2400g