cs380 woes

unsungheroist

i have https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=709&area=en image.png.3123ced7e000509e0b42d8e43894bd6c.png

its HD cooling capacity is well lack luster at best. im looking for another case that has at least 4 external hot swap bays that fits standard ATX components.

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:12 AM, unsungheroist said:

i have https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=709&area=en 

its HD cooling capacity is well lack luster at best. im looking for another case that has at least 4 external hot swap bays that fits standard ATX components.

Best bet is a case with multiple 5.25" bays that you connect your own 3.5" bay hot swap adapters in. It's not going to offer better cooling though :/ 

There's an mATX version, but I'm not sure if it has the same HDD cooling issues

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Best bet is a case with multiple 5.25" bays that you connect your own 3.5" bay hot swap adapters in. It's not going to offer better cooling though :/ 

There's an mATX version, but I'm not sure if it has the same HDD cooling issues

I know of the DS380B Mini ITX version, but see it getting terrible reviews online for cooking hard drives.  (Otherwise I might have considered it myself, along with the ASRock C236 WSI which has 8 SATA ports, supports ECC, and has HDMI & DisplayPort for iGPU.)

If I was doing something similar myself (maybe someday), I might consider something like the Antec 900 case (can be configured with 9x 5.25" bays, in turn adapted to 15x 3.5" drives), or, at least one with 3x 5.25x bays then put something like this in it.  (Yeah, not hot swap, but I likely couldn't afford it.)  There's also the Lian-Li A79 or Xigmatek Elysium with 12x 5.25" bays, but availability would be an issue.

On 3/17/2019 at 6:12 AM, unsungheroist said:

There are none.

The best you can do is something like Cooler Master Storm Trooper and replace the internal HDD Trays with external Hot Swap cages.

Or you look for the real Server/Workstation stuff -> Chenbro SR-105, 209 or 107.

REMEMBER: You have to purchase the HDD Hot swap thing seperately.

A mediocre compromize could be something like the old Raven RV01 with a couple of those:

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=173

You have to remove the side panel to swap the drive but technically/theoretically its a hot swapish thing...

Or maybe the metioned above Cooler Master case and this thing:

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=184&area=en

Though its not that great for various reasons...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"