What nas to get?

I required a small Nas a dual bay one will be more than enough for the application I was thinking to get a synology DS218+ but are there are other similar suggestions for a good nas. 

I need to run 1-2 vms tops and need it for centralized file syncing and backup. 

3 minutes ago, Divyansh Jain said:

Do the VMs have to do any real work like automatic compression or something? Probably some videos on running VMs on it is all you need if the hardware is good enough, if not you probably just want to run FreeNAS on a Ryzen PC or something

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

No automatic compression is needed. The only job I need it to do is backup and sync files basically a file nas and 1-2 windows vm to run a single accounting software 24/7. 

3 minutes ago, Divyansh Jain said:

No automatic compression is needed. The only job I need it to do is backup and sync files basically a file nas and 1-2 windows vm to run a single accounting software 24/7. 

Then it's probably fine, probably put a UPS on the NAS too

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

On 3/8/2019 at 10:08 PM, Divyansh Jain said:

I required a small Nas a dual bay one will be more than enough for the application I was thinking to get a synology DS218+ but are there are other similar suggestions for a good nas. 

I need to run 1-2 vms tops and need it for centralized file syncing and backup. 

what exactly should these VM´s do, by running accounting software you dont mean someone will connect to that VM and work in this software in the VM itself right?

because that would be super slow especially on low end models.

No they won't connect to it only very rarely someone will have to connect to it otherwise no.