Network Randomly Disconnects

LovesLaus

I would get disconnect intermittently randomly form internet. I have changed out my router twice now, i am using linksys wrt 3200asm with Unbiquiti AC Pro for the AP. the ISP has changed their modem 3 times. from their testing everything is fine. but of course when they are there and testing, everything is find and working. Its not just the wifi that drops, the entire network would all drop at the same time. they says it my router and AP, but i don't see how that can be possible. since i am still getting disconnected even if i am hardwired to the ISP modem. I also checked with the ISP, and the modem that I have will auto go into the bridge mode once i plug in my own router. the up time of the router was at 1440 minutes, but I have changed it to 100,000 minutes. I have hard reset all of my devices several times. At this point I have ran out of ideas on how to resolve this issue. 

Command prompt running in the background for each of these commands

ping 8.8.8.8 -t
ping <router ip> -t
ping <modem ip> -t
ping 127.0.0.1 -t
  • If only 8.8.8.8 goes out it's your ISP.
  • If 8.8.8.8 and <router IP> go out, it's your router
  • If 8.8.8.8, and <modem IP> go out, it's your modem
  • If all 4 go out it's your computer's network configuration

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Its possible that its not the modem or anything related to you. from my experience something that seems to go out randomly like this points to the data lines coming in from the street (or where ever its coming in) something either got pulled on or something dug up that's causing the wire to disconnect. I'd check that if possible. 

@rcmaehl I will trying that out once I get home later 

@natzilllla most the ISP cabling is above ground, and a new cable was ran between my house and the main line. From what I check last time, it look good. 

1 hour ago, LovesLaus said:

@rcmaehl - from the ping test only the top 3 disconnect.

Are you using ethernet during the test or wireless?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

@rcmaehl i was using the wifi, i will have to test again with the Ethernet cord tonight, since that probably would have been better then wifi.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, LovesLaus said:

I would get disconnect intermittently randomly form internet. I have changed out my router twice now, i am using linksys wrt 3200asm with Unbiquiti AC Pro for the AP. the ISP has changed their modem 3 times. from their testing everything is fine. but of course when they are there and testing, everything is find and working. Its not just the wifi that drops, the entire network would all drop at the same time. they says it my router and AP, but i don't see how that can be possible. since i am still getting disconnected even if i am hardwired to the ISP modem. I also checked with the ISP, and the modem that I have will auto go into the bridge mode once i plug in my own router. the up time of the router was at 1440 minutes, but I have changed it to 100,000 minutes. I have hard reset all of my devices several times. At this point I have ran out of ideas on how to resolve this issue. 

What kind of internet do you have? xDSL, Cable (Coax), Fiber, LTE, WISP, Satellite? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

@rcmaehl - i think it my router, since it decided to self rest 3 times this past Sunday. Bought a Ubiquiti EdgeRouterX. Hopfully its no longer an issue. 

@Donut417 - it cable, though i am thinking of changing over to that sweet GB fiber

5 hours ago, LovesLaus said:

@rcmaehl - i think it my router, since it decided to self rest 3 times this past Sunday. Bought a Ubiquiti EdgeRouterX. Hopfully its no longer an issue. 

@Donut417 - it cable, though i am thinking of changing over to that sweet GB fiber

If the internet is going down for all devices and your have changed the modem multiple times, I would guess a signal issue. The modem logs would be able to tell you more, but the ISP's tech should have been able to check the signal at the point of entry to your home, to make sure its in spec. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

its been 3 days since the router change, and things seems to be working fingers crossed. Though now i have to figure out some way to remotely mange the router like how i was able to with the linksys router.