What would you do?

Radioactive Snowman
Go to solution Solved by Radioactive Snowman,

I went with the S10 and free galaxy buds, I pre ordered it this morning to be collected next friday.

So I am very interested in upgrading to one of the new s10 models but I am torn between the s10e and the regular s10. Which would you guys go for if you could get the s10e for 400 or the s10 for 550 with free galaxy buds (worth about 160 here). I’m leaning towards the s10 because of the free headphones but I’m still unsure.

(These prices are with a 2 year plan which is why they are lower than normal)

Thanks Guys

12 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

So I am very interested in upgrading to one of the new s10 models but I am torn between the s10e and the regular s10. Which would you guys go for if you could get the s10e for 400 or the s10 for 550 with free galaxy buds (worth about 160 here). I’m leaning towards the s10 because of the free headphones but I’m still unsure.

(These prices are with a 2 year plan which is why they are lower than normal)

Thanks Guys

They give you crummy ear buds.  Your better off with the S10e for 400 dollars.  Then if you need ear buds you have lots to choose from and we can help you there if you need it.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

This might be an answer.  I don't know why it gets all fuzzy at the first seconds......YT's fault.

Won’t visit often..

My Opinion: I would take the regular S10 + Free Buds anytime over the S10e, even if it's 400 vs. 550 bucks.

I would probably sell the Buds because Wired > Wireless.

But i would give them a try, maybe they do convince me....

Why?

- Sharper Display resolution

- Bigger Display, but not much bigger size

- bigger Battery.. 3400 vs. 3100. That counters the resolution easily, and should even out-counter it slightly.

- Triple Rear Camera without compromises. 

- 8gb Ram in base Model (especially with the... Feature-rich Samsung UI, 8gb vs. 6gb could make a difference in very heavy multitasking... Even more in 2-3 years. More is always better, never worse)

400 --> 550 is 37% more expensive.

But think it that way: It's a phone that will EASILY be an extremely solid phone for the next 2-3 years. What is 150 bucks within 2-3 years? Also, think about the resell-difference in x Years.

But: That doesn't change the Fact, that the S10e will give you more Smartphone per Euro. it will give you the better Value. It's similar fast, it still has the very good main camera, and it has almost no other disadvantages, and will get updates just like the other ^^

If you do not Care about the points i listed above (Display, Camera, maybe Ram), you will have an unbeatable Value with the S10e for 400 bucks.

I've pre-ordered the S10+ and from the early reviews of the buds are looking well worth what they are being sold. Although I am someone who currently uses cheap wireless earbuds in the gym daily so I will get a lot of value out of the buds whereas your mileage may vary. I'm not gonna lie though there is something appealing about the S10e and with its smaller size, and it's not like 5.8 inches is a small screen.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

17 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

They give you crummy ear buds.  Your better off with the S10e for 400 dollars.  Then if you need ear buds you have lots to choose from and we can help you there if you need it.

17 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

This might be an answer.  I don't know why it gets all fuzzy at the first seconds......YT's fault.

16 hours ago, Darkseth said:

My Opinion: I would take the regular S10 + Free Buds anytime over the S10e, even if it's 400 vs. 550 bucks.

I would probably sell the Buds because Wired > Wireless.

But i would give them a try, maybe they do convince me....

Why?

- Sharper Display resolution

- Bigger Display, but not much bigger size

- bigger Battery.. 3400 vs. 3100. That counters the resolution easily, and should even out-counter it slightly.

- Triple Rear Camera without compromises. 

- 8gb Ram in base Model (especially with the... Feature-rich Samsung UI, 8gb vs. 6gb could make a difference in very heavy multitasking... Even more in 2-3 years. More is always better, never worse)

400 --> 550 is 37% more expensive.

But think it that way: It's a phone that will EASILY be an extremely solid phone for the next 2-3 years. What is 150 bucks within 2-3 years? Also, think about the resell-difference in x Years.

But: That doesn't change the Fact, that the S10e will give you more Smartphone per Euro. it will give you the better Value. It's similar fast, it still has the very good main camera, and it has almost no other disadvantages, and will get updates just like the other ^^

If you do not Care about the points i listed above (Display, Camera, maybe Ram), you will have an unbeatable Value with the S10e for 400 bucks.

3 hours ago, Rupe said:

I've pre-ordered the S10+ and from the early reviews of the buds are looking well worth what they are being sold. Although I am someone who currently uses cheap wireless earbuds in the gym daily so I will get a lot of value out of the buds whereas your mileage may vary. I'm not gonna lie though there is something appealing about the S10e and with its smaller size, and it's not like 5.8 inches is a small screen.

So at the current moment I'm leaning towards the S10, I currently use airpods and I love the lack of wires. I think the galaxy buds are a nice upgrade over the airpods.

This makes the S10 slightly cheaper than the S10e in the long run and an overall better value. For 390 and 30 a month I dont think its a bad deal for an s10

1 minute ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

This makes the S10 slightly cheaper than the S10e in the long run and an overall better value. For 390 and 30 a month I dont think its a bad deal for an s10

I think they are an upgrade over the Air Pods. Not a massive upgrade though so worth keeping that in mind. Assuming you're going for a 24month contract 30x24= 720 + 390 = 1,110 - 919 = 191. I'm not sure how much data you're getting but that's the total minus the value of the phone if you were to buy it outright from Samsung. If you get a decent amount of data that's not a bad deal I would say.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

2 minutes ago, Rupe said:

I think they are an upgrade over the Air Pods. Not a massive upgrade though so worth keeping that in mind. Assuming you're going for a 24month contract 30x24= 720 + 390 = 1,110 - 919 = 191. I'm not sure how much data you're getting but that's the total minus the value of the phone if you were to buy it outright from Samsung. If you get a decent amount of data that's not a bad deal I would say.

60gb of data, more than enough for me

Just now, Radioactive Snowman said:

60gb of data, more than enough for me

Yup I would say that's a good deal. You're essentially paying €8 a month for the data plan. I don't know what prices in Ireland are like but that seems like amazing value

6 minutes ago, Rupe said:

Yup I would say that's a good deal. You're essentially paying €8 a month for the data plan. I don't know what prices in Ireland are like but that seems like amazing value

It's unlimited data but they throttle it after 60gbs and 100 units (a unit is 3 text messages or 1 minute in a phone call) I never ring people so it's pretty much 300 texts and 60gbs of fast data