Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackoBoy987

Australian Federal MPs' computer network hacked

1 hour ago, TechyBen said:

Yeah. I can understand it from that point. We have to separate our personal business from one working for a governmental authority. We feel it is the same, but sadly it is not.

No it is all the same, it's all called corruption. You can't just brush aside something and pretend it doesn't exist, or say it doesn't matter. Corruption is corruption, the basis of the point was that there is many kinds of corruption with wide ranging effects and actual economic experts have looked at the impacts of corruption and have found evidence that some instances of corruption has been a net benefit to the local society.

Failing to acknowledge all forms of corruption allows corruption to exist, if you say some forms of it don't matter or aren't important enough then why go through the effort to prevent it or punish it when found?

As @mr moose has said above when you heard corruption you laser focused in on the specific kinds of corruption you could think of, serious human rights violations kinds, rather than actually clicking on the provided links to get context to the discussion. If you had done that we could have avoided the entire circle of no end trying to point you to kind of corruption that was being referred to, not the ones you were thinking of.

Edit:

And if you think I work for a government authority then no I do not, funded by and work for aren't the same thing. Education is taxpayer funded, where else would that money go? We also have private research investments from industries, that's a core reason for the existence of universities, to conduct research not just teach.

@mr moose and @leadeater

Sorry, I have nothing to say. Conversing here is near impossible. I never said you work for a government authority either. Just that we can be affected by them, and it's obvious you are in *IT* and affected by changes to these laws.

/bye.

4 hours ago, TechyBen said:

. Conversing here is near impossible.

At least we can agree on this, even if the reasoning for it is vastly different.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.