Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richard Webster

Anyone download NoCD Cracks because they're lazy?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Did any of you download those NoCD Cracks back in the day, because you couldn't be bothered putting the disc in every time you wanted to play the game? I did on a few games that I'd throw many hours into. Age of Empires, Elder Scrolls etc.

At this point I end up doing it since most of the discs I use are backups of the real thing. Though the added laziness of not having to hunt for the disc i need is great.

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 10 Pro x64

Main PC: sleeper Dell on profile boi

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

Not really.

Back in the day I was either a kid without a credit card or options to purchase stuff (there was no Steam) ( pre- Half-Life days , when Unreal Tournament was popular) or i was too poor to buy things anyway.

Here in Romania, there were few options to buy retail packages even if you had the money.

I think some computer stores started to sell games like World of Warcraft and time cards and Counter Strike and from there, there were more "retail" games available.

When i was a student and started working as a freelancer so i had some money, I started buying games from Steam. Sometimes I'm pirating a game and buying it later when it's on sale.

So pretty much I'm only downloading no-cd or specific cracks from sites like gamecopyworld only when i want a particular version of the executable in order to work with a game trainer. There's some games like let's say Ori and the Blind Forest which are harder to play without gamepad or controller so trainers help getting over some more difficult places and then i can play without trainers.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

In the really early days I did, but then I got a 8GB hard drive. I could rip the entire CD and virtually mount it. 

Absolute genius.

I did with Mass Effect 2, but only because I had it installed on my PC but I lost the disc...

Desktop: Xeon 1231-v3, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Rosewill 550w Capstone PSU, ASrock ITX Z97 board, Gigabyte 970, Phanteks Evolv ITX.

Laptop: Eluktronics Mech 15 G2, i7 8750H, 1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 480GB Nvme SSD, 144hz panel

Laptop: Eluktronics W650kk1, i7 7700K, 8GB DDR4, GTX 1050Ti, 500GB WD SSD, 120Hz Asus Display

Laptop: Alienware 18 (2014). I7 4930MX @ 4.1GHz, 16GB RAM, 500GB 840Evo, 1TB HDD, GTX 980m 8GB

Laptop: Razer Blade Stealth 2017, i7 7500u, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 mid 2016. I7 6700hq, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 970m 6GB.

Laptop: Origin Eon11s. i7 3820QM, GT 650M 2GB, 120GB SSD, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 11.6in 768p display

WinCD emu

pull the ISO and mount it on a virtual drive

did that for all my sims disks, of which I had like 10 disks

Pro tip, before you reply to an question or topic, answer these three questions:

1) Do I actually have an answer for OP at all?

2) Am I giving an answer that is based in multiple reliable source tests and not personal opinion or heresay?

3) Is my answer on topic, clear and concise?

If you answered "no" to any of those, close the tab.

Do not give people information you personally think is correct. Source, research and then reply. If you plain and simple don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it. It's harmful to support questions on forums to be providing people with wrong or misleading information. As well as going off topic from the original question.

i.e. "What B360 motherboard should I buy?"

>someone replies with a PC partpicker list with a ryzen system

Not what was asked.

Yeah that was a stupid requirement. Reminds me of CD-keys, which were NEVER in the same place. Worse part is when it was printed on a single plastic sheet you could easily lose. 

i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz

Asus Strix OC 1080Ti

ROG Maximus IX Hero

EVGA G2 850W

32GB DDR4 (16x2) @ 3000Mhz

X62 Kraken

Creative Soundblaster Zx

Windows 10 Pro x64

Phanteks Primo

I had to in one particular games, GTR 2 Steam version. I need NoCD + manual update to enable all cars liveries because Steam version doesn't have those so many cars doesn't have any textures on them. 

| Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 | MSI B75A-G43 | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | RipjawsX F3 4GB x2 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD| 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | Razer Onza |

Nah, just virtual drive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv