New Huawei Nova 3i or Old Samsung S8+?

Hey guys, 

I recently broke my Samsung S8+ screen and am looking to replace it. However, where I am, this will cost me around $600 NZD. I also have the option of buying the Huawei Nova 3i which would get me a brand new phone for less than replacing my old screen ($450ish). I have been using the S8+ for a couple of years and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I would rather keep it, have a better resolution screen and IP68 resistance, but what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

You might want to get the honor 8x stead of the 3i, basically the same phone but cheaper

Replace the screen, the phone is far superior to the Nova 3i or Honor 8x. I mean they both use micro usb for christ sake...S8+ is a full-featured flagship as far as I'm concerned the choice is obvious

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

yep, S8+ is by FAR (!) Better in pretty much every spec, than Nova 3i, or Honor 8X.

But tbh, it shouldn't cost 450 bucks to repair it.. That's what you get S8+ new for, and even almost an S9.

What does a new S8+ cost in your area?

Just for piece of mind, if you repair it your IP water resistant rating won't be the same. Sell your s8 and get a better phone instead. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

Not true, that depends on the repair shop.

I had my battery changed in a Repair shop, specialized for Samsung products, AND certified Samsung partner (Samsung's Homepage showed me that shop in my area), and they said, IP rating will remain after they close it.

But i can imagine many "non-certified" Samsung Partner not doing that very properly, so i would just find such shops, and ask them in advance how they handle that.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:46 PM, Darkseth said:

yep, S8+ is by FAR (!) Better in pretty much every spec, than Nova 3i, or Honor 8X.

But tbh, it shouldn't cost 450 bucks to repair it.. That's what you get S8+ new for, and even almost an S9.

What does a new S8+ cost in your area?

Agreed, it's very overpriced where I am. A brand new S8+ is around $700 though, and an S9+ is over $900.

Thank you all for the info btw.