RGB not syncing with motherboard

Hi

I've just built a new computer and it is my first time using rgb components. When I bought the components I made sure that it was all compatible with aura sync (since I was getting a motherboard from asus). When I had finished building the computer and started downloading rgb softwares to control all the RGB I started having some trouble. First of all, I realized  that the rgb ram wasn't compatible but that they were working on it (corsair vengeance RGB pro). Secondly, (and here is my biggest problem) the case (Evolv x), the cpu cooler (ml 360r) and all the fans (4 mf120r) are synced through cooler masters included rgb controller but they are stuck on a blue breathing effect. I can't get them to sync to the motherboard even tho I've tried connecting the controller to both the normal (4-pin) rgb header and the addressable rgb header (I've also tried connecting both at once). Since I cant get them to sync with the motherboard I tried cooler masters software (two of them) and they couldn't even recognizance my ml360r or any other component.

Is there anyone who can help me? I would really appreciate it!

I don't know whats happening with the other stuff, but I don't know what you were thinking when you thought corsair ram could sync with Asus. Corsair has always had a closed ecosystem.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Motherboard? Beware when connecting RGB cables. Connecting to wrong header might break them as power voltages are different.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I don't know whats happening with the other stuff, but I don't know what you were thinking when you thought corsair ram could sync with Asus. Corsair has always had a closed ecosystem.

I don't know either. I think I saw that it was aura sync compatible some time but I must have been wrong (it says its compatible with gigabytes and msi's rgb softwares tho). I saw an employee respond to a question in their community forum tho who said that they are working to get it compatible with aura sync. Eitehr way, thats no biggie. I can always go into iCUE and match the effect with the rest of the system (just not until the rest works).

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Motherboard? Beware when connecting RGB cables. Connecting to wrong header might break them as power voltages are different.

The motherboard I am using is the ROG Strix z390-f. I know and I am pretty sure I have connected the right cables to the right headers. Any idea on how to fix the rgb syncing problems?

41 minutes ago, Swe_Dee said:

The motherboard I am using is the ROG Strix z390-f. I know and I am pretty sure I have connected the right cables to the right headers. Any idea on how to fix the rgb syncing problems?

You need to connect fans directly to motherboard. You have two headers, but you still need splitters to get all fans connected. Controller box isn't compatible with mobo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You need to connect fans directly to motherboard. You have two headers, but you still need splitters to get all fans connected. Controller box isn't compatible with mobo.

Okay, thank you so much for your help.

17 hours ago, Swe_Dee said:

Is there anyone who can help me? I would really appreciate it!

i got my cooler master working by ignoring the controler completly unsing the included splitter an conecting it straight t the header like that and all my corsair gear same

my ram i used  rgb fusion 2.0

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

@Swe_Dee i have Corsair CL-8930002 RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit - Black  
and
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler  coolers conected to the header nearest the cpu header 1 and the strips directly to the adressable header 2

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 1:54 PM, buzzinkeegs said:

@Swe_Dee i have Corsair CL-8930002 RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit - Black  
and
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler  coolers conected to the header nearest the cpu header 1 and the strips directly to the adressable header 2

Sorry for not responding earlier. I have been in contact with Corsair and trying to get contact with CoolerMaster. Since I haven't solved my problem yet I will try what you have done. I tried plugging the splitter in to teh addreasable rgb header but nothing happened. I will try with the normal rgb header.

• 6 months later...

Thats simple. For the corsair Ram you have to download Asus Aura sync plugin from corsair website then on icue software go to settings and click "enable full software control" after restart the pc you can see the RAM on aura sync!

Connect the 3pin rgb header to the motherboard and MB 5v(bottom near to usb) on RGB controler that comes with cooler master Ml360r. On Masterplus software goto ARG LED CONTROLLER tab =>OVERVIEW =>RGB PORTS=>ARG ALL On the drop down menu select Mother Board.. thats it!

IMG_20190815_124046_377.jpg

15659924504565971345403786100272.jpg

1565992476510341700113349788806.jpg