6 fans

Go to solution Solved by Fivenines,

Alright, thank you for all the replies.

Hello,

My ryzen 1800x idle is 30c with a mixed paste(don't kill me) and msi gtx 1080 40c without vents spinning. I know some have told me my temps are decent but i'd still like to get my cpu to 25c-ish and gpu to 30-38 range. Would 6 case fans help? It must depend on the airflow also can different fans with different airflow parameter but the same physical size impact the cooling solution?

I don't plan on using all the power, I don't plan on streaming or doing high-end stuff. I just like things to be calm, clean. Theres no word called "balanced" in my dictionary, what does it mean?

From phone

I'll add pictures and specs soon.

Best regards,

Norman

Airflow is EVERYTHING for good low temps.

I myself have 6 case fans.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

those are already exelent temps tho, buy better coolers if you want them lower. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

So all of the fans would require the same airflow to avoid conflict which leads to higher temps? If i were to get fans with CFM 70+ i'd possibly have to replace the liquid cooler fans also.

Someone stated over the forums that it would be best to have more pushing power than pulling. Then should I put bigger vents at the front? 

According to my knowledge, if the forces are not equal you'll have more dust and hot air whirling around in your case if the pulling force is not as great. 

I can see why people don't take risks with 5-6+ fans.

That is excellent temp. What is your ambient temps? My place ambient temps currently is 32C, it's freaking hot here lately, and with this ambient temps my idle stock clocked i7 8700K temp is 42C. Yes, I dont use Air Conditioner.

I downclocked my CPU at this time until the climate is getting cooler than now.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

As a computer owner, you should always measure the AMBIENT temps.I myself unfortunately never had thought about that. This is my second PC ever owned.

I think it's around 20-20C inside and -5 outside.  I'll buy a device to measure it accurately now that you've asked such a question. I get the point of your question. Idle temps and Ambient temps should not be close to each other. 

I will most definitely need a cooling solution to vamp down the ambient temp to 15C or so as I'm a fan of cold myself. Would it be something dangerous to allow something push colder air into the front fans directly? Because where I live, if it's 30C outside, it'll be 30C inside. That's a huge problem I guess. But i'll rather change my apartment than ruin this baby I've been tweaking. 

For now i can tell CPU idle jumps between 27-30C, GPU idle is 40C, but then again twin frozr fans aren't working unless under a load so it could go lower. And CASE temp seems to be higher than both, up to 50. I will check specifics when i get home tonight. I started the thread when riding to work. I never expected such quick replies.

Sorry in advance. 

1 hour ago, Fivenines said:

For now i can tell CPU idle jumps between 27-30C, GPU idle is 40C, but then again twin frozr fans aren't working unless under a load so it could go lower. And CASE temp seems to be higher than both, up to 50. I will check specifics when i get home tonight. I started the thread when riding to work. I never expected such quick replies.

Sorry in advance. 

How are you measuring case temps? And where? Also, check what temps you get under load. Thats the important part. Since any harm that parts would get, happens when temps are over 85C for long periods. Having low idle temps only means that your coolers are correctly mounted.

You can't go lower than room temp with regular cooling methods. With 20C room temp, using water cooling on both, you are about as low as you can get.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv