Anyone have any opinions on this graphics card? Might just purchase this.

PCnoobie47

About to buy a graphics card for my build and ive been looking into this one by EVGA. Would it be worth buying compared an aircooled GPU and watercooled CPU? Which way is better? 

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Watercooling-Graphics-08G-P4-5678-KR/dp/B076X89CWV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546712351&sr=8-1&keywords=water+cooled+gtx+1070

Any opinions or advice are appreciated! Thank yuhhhhh

that's a big cost for a 1070 ti... I would just buy this one and put a different cooler on it...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XGhKHx/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-8gb-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-5670-kr

15 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

EVGA is great, the card has excellent cooling, but... it's $547 for a 1070Ti.

If we're talking in the U.S.

I would jump on this first: RTX 2070 for $499.00

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487416&Description=2070&cm_re=2070-_-14-487-416-_-Product

and that isn't a non-a version?

6 hours ago, Maxxtraxx said:

EVGA is great, the card has excellent cooling, but... it's $547 for a 1070Ti.

If we're talking in the U.S.

I would jump on this first: RTX 2070 for $499.00

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487416&Description=2070&cm_re=2070-_-14-487-416-_-Product

Im not actually looking for an RTX card based on the fact ive been hearing Ray tracing reduces fps most of the time. Correct me if im wrong. And i would preferably have this card based on the fact it is water cooled, should be beer than an aircooled card. Im just not sure if the stock cooler on this would be better than something like the kraken, which it probably isn't but i am getting the cooler GPU. Im trying to find out if its worth it.

6 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

that's a big cost for a 1070 ti... I would just buy this one and put a different cooler on it...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XGhKHx/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-8gb-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-5670-kr

and that isn't a non-a version?

That seems like a turbo graphics card, and from what i have heard the cooling on those cards are dreadful. All i really wanted to know was if the water cooled GPU aircooled CPU would be better than a water cooled CPU aircooled GPU. And i dont mind the price, much cheaper than buying a water block.

2 minutes ago, PCnoobie47 said:

That seems like a turbo graphics card, and from what i have heard the cooling on those cards are dreadful. All i really wanted to know was if the water cooled GPU aircooled CPU would be better than a water cooled CPU aircooled GPU. And i dont mind the price, much cheaper than buying a water block.

exept that a good aircooler from arctic is around 60-80 bucks... just saying

14 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

exept that a good aircooler from arctic is around 60-80 bucks... just saying

awesome, ill look into that! thanks for the feedback.

6 hours ago, PCnoobie47 said:

The card that i listed is not a "turbo" or "blower" style graphics card, the cooling on the blower style cards is not as good because of the size of the cooling solution compared to the aftermarket solutions. The card i listed is a standard 2 slot internal waste heat producing card.

If you are interested in thermals, there is also a 3 slot solution with a larger cooler (basically as large as most cards get) that can be found here:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487411&Description=2070&cm_re=2070-_-14-487-411-_-Product

If the best possible thermals are your interest, EVGA also makes the Hybrid kit available for purchase to install yourself, they are however currently on backorder due to high demand, but will be available soon.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-1184-B1

6 hours ago, PCnoobie47 said:

Im not actually looking for an RTX card based on the fact ive been hearing Ray tracing reduces fps most of the time. Correct me if im wrong. And i would preferably have this card based on the fact it is water cooled, should be beer than an aircooled card. Im just not sure if the stock cooler on this would be better than something like the kraken, which it probably isn't but i am getting the cooler GPU. Im trying to find out if its worth it.

The RTX cards have ray tracing hardware built in, BUT they still perform at a higher level than the Pascal cards without ray tracing enabled(only 1 game currently has ray tracing implemented to my knowledge)

ray tracing is also something you must choose to enable, so if you want super fancy lighting then enable it, if you dont... RTX cards still perform better than their GTX counterparts.

as I said in my above post, i would still go with the similarly priced 2070, with the 3 slot cooler, and heck, you can under volt and underclock the 2070 to match the performance of the 1070Ti and it will run miles cooler with the same performance.

then when you're ready, upgrade to the EVGA hybrid kit and crank the overclock all the way to 11.

the link goes to a hybrid 1070 Ti for $549

I would not buy a 1070 Ti for that price - rather a 2070. I know you said you don't care about ray tracing, but that isn't the only benefit of a more powerful card. The 20 series cards are more powerful for traditional rasterized gaming as well at each level - so you'll get better all around performance for less money.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse