Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hiitswilliam

Not recieving notification when someone psots something

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I tried to follow a few people, like Alex and my friend TheFinnishYankee, and Linus. And I haven't received any notifications, even though I made sure that I set the format to send me notifications right here on the website. Am I doing something wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hiitswilliam said:

Does it mean that I need to enable desktop notifs? I thought they would just pop up under the little bell in teh upper right.

No. Scroll down and check if you have " Someone I am following makes a post" and " Someone I follow posts a new status." enabled. If you still aren't getting anything, then its bug. Or the users you follow haven't posted anything since you started following them.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No. Scroll down and check if you have " Someone I am following makes a post" and " Someone I follow posts a new status." enabled. If you still aren't getting anything, then its bug. Or the users you follow haven't posted anything since you started following them.

Here is a picture of what I see. I don't really see any options like the ones you mentioned. image.png.18aef3c4fe6717f1fd6c129b4677e160.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

Here is a picture of what I see. I don't really see any options like the ones you mentioned.

I gave you direct link to options menu... Try it.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I gave you direct link to options menu... Try it.

Still don't see any of the options that you mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hiitswilliam said:

Still don't see any of the options that you mentioned.

Sieppaa.PNG.b16caf2b8f65be17fff84093bed1111c.PNGSieppaa1.PNG.c56ac8d9f414a1ff888c669d2f88c7c1.PNG

 

If you have ticked it like I have, then you don't get notifications. If they are ticked correctly, then its bug.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Sieppaa.PNG.b16caf2b8f65be17fff84093bed1111c.PNGSieppaa1.PNG.c56ac8d9f414a1ff888c669d2f88c7c1.PNG

 

If you have ticked it like I have, then you don't get notifications. If they are ticked correctly, then its bug.

I'm a dumbass. I just realized that you could scroll down. So I do have that ticked, but haven't received any notifs, even though when I check the profiles of the people I followed, they all had posted plenty since I followed them. I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I guess I'll just try unfollowing and refollowing and see if that fixes the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

I'm a dumbass. I just realized that you could scroll down. So I do have that ticked, but haven't received any notifs, even though when I check the profiles of the people I followed, they all had posted plenty since I followed them. I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I guess I'll just try unfollowing and refollowing and see if that fixes the issue.

You still don't have "Someone I'm following makes a post" enabled. It's the one highlighted in red/green (depending theme) on https://linustechtips.com/main/notifications/options/?type=follower_content


HTTP/2 203

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

You still don't have "Someone I'm following makes a post" enabled. It's the one highlighted in red/green (depending theme) on https://linustechtips.com/main/notifications/options/?type=follower_content

Slightly OT, but that link gives color issues on mobile night theme. Every setting name is grey text on white bg.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×