Can windows still be installed

Ben17
Go to solution Solved by Delicieuxz,
22 hours ago, Ben17 said:

Is it possible to install windows 7 on a ryzen PC? Can't get past installed no USB support in installer am using windows 10 at moment just would like to use windows 7 sometimes also thanks Ben

Just add the USB drivers to the Windows 7 installer.

MSI Smart Tool seems to work for everybody to add USB 3 and NVMe drivers to a bootable Windows 7 USB installer.

Also, the artificial block on Windows Update in Windows 7 and 8 for newer CPUs can easily be permanently removed with this patch: https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

Is it possible to install windows 7 on a ryzen PC? Can't get past installed no USB support in installer am using windows 10 at moment just would like to use windows 7 sometimes also thanks Ben

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Um. Can you have 2 OS's on 1 drive? I don't think you can right? Or am I making an ooopsie? @anyoneelse 

Have you correctly formatted the USB to install Windows 7? 

8 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

Try using a USB to PS2 adapter. for your keyboard, or mouse.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

6 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

Um. Can you have 2 OS's on 1 drive? I don't think you can right? Or am I making an ooopsie? @anyoneelse

You can. I dual booted Windows 10 Home and Xubuntu 16.04 on my old PC. I just had to partition the drive.

Just now, 1kv said:

You can. I dual booted Windows 10 Home and Xubuntu 16.04 on my old PC. I just had to partition the drive.

Oh okay, yeah I suppose partitioning would work - thanks :)

9 hours ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

Have you correctly formatted the USB to install Windows 7? 

I did have windows 7 and 10 installed on the same drive before just I had to change the board and CPU due to a failure but do u know a way to get past the no USB in the installer thanks Ben

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

22 hours ago, Ben17 said:

Just add the USB drivers to the Windows 7 installer.

MSI Smart Tool seems to work for everybody to add USB 3 and NVMe drivers to a bootable Windows 7 USB installer.

Also, the artificial block on Windows Update in Windows 7 and 8 for newer CPUs can easily be permanently removed with this patch: https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

17 hours ago, BLCT said:

Try using a USB to PS2 adapter. for your keyboard, or mouse.

I don't have a ps2 port on my PC ???