Netflix removing shows

Why is it whenever I start watching a tv show or anime on netflix they decide to remove it

Living in Australia is quite bad 

Like I started watching touch, that got removed when I was at like episode 5

I started about a boy (the tv show) was at like episode 3 and got home from work expecting to watch the next episode bam disappeared without notice 

Now case closed (otherwise known as detective conon), I started watching it yesterday and just 5 minutes ago it showed saying watch until December 30th or something like that. 

It's like netflix wants me to download the shows just to finish watching them like ? 

Anyway that's my rant for the day, let me know if you share a similar problem or if it's never happened to you

4 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

Anyway that's my rant for the day, let me know if you share a similar problem or if it's never happened to you

I don't have netflix...

3 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

Why is it whenever I start watching a tv show or anime on netflix they decide to remove it

I started about a boy (the tv show) was at like episode 3 and got home from work expecting to watch the next episode bam disappeared without notice 

Now case closed (otherwise known as detective conon), I started watching it yesterday and just 5 minutes ago it showed saying watch until December 30th or something like that. 

It's like netflix wants me to download the shows just to finish watching them like ? 

Some of the shows on there they pay to license for a limited amount of time.

It could also be that with the new law Australia is passing to force a backdoor in encryption they are ready to GTFO of the country to.

3 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

image.png.d3d602926a5a4c41f1b71055eb8eb14a.png

That sucks a little, I have never really looked into HBO 

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I don't have netflix...

That's a little disappointing, you could always do what my family does and use a different family members (for my family its me ?

3 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

It could also be that with the new law Australia is passing to force a backdoor in encryption they are ready to GTFO of the country to.

Yeah it's just I feel whenever I find a show it's licensed for like 2 more weeks and has a lot of episodes 

I hope they don't, netflix is like one thing I like doing ?

Don't try the europ region, I haven't witnessed any removals but some of the shows, like bleach for instance, are incomplete

4 hours ago, WickedStarfish said:

It is because you are costing Netflix too much money.

No, but seriously,

The way Netflix works is that they have a budget, they split that budget in 2 parts, one for making original content which always remains on Netflix, and building up the platform with a series of unique shows that you can't get anywhere else. The second part is used to get the rights in your region for movie and TV shows. The selection that Netflix picks is based on what is most requested, and on viewership. If no one watches Transmorphers, why pay for the rights to have that show?

You can always find a site that tracks content that will be added and removed from Netflix, so you can get a heads up when a show or movie will be removed.Try and find such site for Australia.

[edit]

Forgot to mention.

You have a growing number of publishers/studios who is making their own streaming service, like Disney. So they are not renewing with Netflix in favor of making their content exclusive to their service.

21 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

It's mostly this. The shows that Netflix themselves own the rights to and have funded are unlikely to ever disappear, but any other show is likely to receive the axe at one or another point. Then there's e.g. Disney, who are making their own streaming-service and they're pulling back more-or-less all of the stuff they own rights to from every other streaming-service, causing e.g. all the Marvel-shows on Netflix getting canceled. It sucks, I really liked all the others except for Iron Fist ?

I'm not Australian, so whatever stuff we have on Netflix is different, but I feel like it's been worth subscribing to anyways. There are so many good shows there (Narcos, Mindhunter, the Marvel-shows, Mars etc.) and if I find one that I enjoy, but it's incomplete, I'll resort to...uh, unauthorized distribution-methods for getting the rest of the show.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's mostly this. The shows that Netflix themselves own the rights to and have funded are unlikely to ever disappear, but any other show is likely to receive the axe at one or another point. Then there's e.g. Disney, who are making their own streaming-service and they're pulling back more-or-less all of the stuff they own rights to from every other streaming-service, causing e.g. all the Marvel-shows on Netflix getting canceled. It sucks, I really liked all the others except for Iron Fist ?

I'm not Australian, so whatever stuff we have on Netflix is different, but I feel like it's been worth subscribing to anyways. There are so many good shows there (Narcos, Mindhunter, the Marvel-shows, Mars etc.) and if I find one that I enjoy, but it's incomplete, I'll resort to...uh, unauthorized distribution-methods for getting the rest of the show.

I have a feeling those "unauthorized" methods are going to become an issue if disney does try to move to their own streaming service. At least when they are using netflix/amazon prime those shows are being seen and they are getting some compensation... much better than the alternative.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

That happened to lots of Fox shows on Netflix. Fox decided not to renew with Netflix and go to Hulu.