Fraps isn't recording..

Hello , i just wanted to record some game play so i started my recording software : Fraps.

I opened my game , and when i pressed my hotkey the Fraps FPS counter turned red for just a millisecond (fraps counter turns red if recording) and then it just went back to yellow.

I searched on the internet a ton and i could not find a solution. 

My Fraps worked for more than 1.5 years now , and it just started doing that. 

PS: i tried looking for other recording programs but everything accept Fraps lags just too much , so dont comment ''that i have to try OBS''

Thank you , Trizael

Could be that Fraps simply no longer works. It hasn't been updated in years.  Try reinstalling it and make sure the drive it records to isn't full.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Could be that Fraps simply no longer works. It hasn't been updated in years.  Try reinstalling it and make sure the drive it records to isn't full.

i re installed it multiple times , and i use it for more than a year so , i cant see the problem..

Nvidia Shadowplay? AMD Radeon Relive?

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Reinstall it? Do you have space on your drive to record?

i re installed multiple times and i still have 90gb on that drive , i could change  a drive . im going to see if that works!

Just now, Trizael said:

i re installed it multiple times , and i use it for more than a year so , i cant see the problem..

So, is your drive full? Did you recently update your PC to W10 1809 by any chance? If it worked before, that doesn't mean it'll keep on working. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

So, is your drive full? Did you recently update your PC to W10 1809 by any chance? If it worked before, that doesn't mean it'll keep on working. 

ill try

1 minute ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Nvidia Shadowplay? AMD Radeon Relive?

wont work , the worst part is , i use Geforce NOW with intel hd graphics here :/

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

90GB free so , no

Just now, VegetableStu said:

What are your system specs? how full is C:/ ?

its very bad, intel i3 2100 , igpu , 4gb ddr2 but , thats why i use Fraps and Geforce NOW (cloud streaming)

and C Drive has 90GB out of 360 left but i have another L drive that has 100GB Free 

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

mmm.... there's not much info for it since it's not exactly being maintained now.

try another hotkey for recording? (just to rule out a worn-out keyboard key)

what was the last thing you installed or updated?

the last thing , was that i re installed steam ... dont think that could have anything to do with it.