Steelseries H Wireless

LinusTech

I have the G930's but really wish I had the SteelSeries instead :( I also hate boom mic's but was after wireless headphones with USB (therefore headset). I want them really bad but not enough to buy them over my recent purchase of the G930's. Maybe in 12months or so if I have some spare pennies I'll be able to make the switch. Unfortunately they came to market a couple of months too late for me. They look like a great product though!

Thinking of getting these, love my v2s but want something wireless.

Also, NCIX seems to have goofed:

ewgTZS2.png

dat pen doe

ewgTZS2.png

dat pen doe

"Actual product may not be exactly as shown".

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I would buy these in an instant if they had the optional cloth pillows like my Steelseries 7H has. Even if that would bring the price to 350$. Haven't used the pleather ones since the first test usage. Pleather (or even leather for that matter) is a deal breaker for me. Not just because of the lack of sweat, but also because I love the open sound they make.
I hate my wire that constantly hits my shoulder and get stuck on my chair and what not. I can hear the noise that makes inside the headpiece that is irritating. Next ones will be wireless ones. Whatever the cost...

ewgTZS2.png

dat pen doe

Check the specifications! Brand: Uni-Ball

Honestly $300 is too much for a gaming headset, for a minimum wage worker thats almost a weeks worth of pay. I can't imagine working that much time

for a headset. Maybe a surround sound expierience, but not for a headset. If these were around $100 - $150 it would be exactly what I am looking for.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Did i make a mistake buying the Elite's?

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

Thank you Linus for Great vid. I NEED to get this!!! ASAP but first i will Sell my A40s with ampmix pro. as you said they are not that great.

Thank you Linus for the links! That was one of the best reviews on the Wireless headset that it's enticed me to get one! 

Anyone knows why does the Steelseries international shop uses euros? wouldnt it be more expensive if it was in euros rather than in USD?

Example:

Steelseries H wireless

299.99 and $299.99

basically means

$409.79 and $299.99

Anyone knows why does the Steelseries international shop uses euros? wouldnt it be more expensive if it was in euros rather than in USD?

Example:

Steelseries H wireless

299.99 and $299.99

basically means

$409.79 and $299.99

Actually since there is VAT in Europe and that is included in that 299 it's almost the same price.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the mic on this headphone sound good enough just for VOIP programs like TS and skype? Im curious cause it did sound pretty bad when he did the test lol.... Im mainly might get this just for the wireless functionally and the use of the mic. But if the mic is that bad then i probly wont get it.. Someone comment on this please?

• 4 weeks later...

i really dont understand this 

I just got word from Steel series, they said that this product Wireless H will be available in South East Asian Countries later this month with the price of USD 420 (without tax). So i contact some retailers and they said that the full price with tax will be $ 449 USD.

1st: why they begin to sell  this product in Asia 5 months after it was launched in US ? China is clearly closer to us than US and Canada !

2nd: Because we are closer to china which means the shipping cost is way lower, why it's $ 150 more expensive than US retail price ?  

3nd: i contacted some of the US, Canada and even EU retailers, most of them refused to sell this product to any order from Asian countries. Those retailers in EU who agreed to sell it, they will ship it with the price of 399 EUR (without tax) 

can someone explain this to me ?

Thank you very much. 

p/s: i gave up and brought Astro A50 for $ 299 USD

Roses are red, Ocean is blue , If i'm naked , why aint you ?

• 4 weeks later...

Question for anyone still reading this:

Will the transmitter and headset work using the analog-in port with an RCA connection, using an adapter like this?

1806_small.jpg

I think this will work, but I want to check with anyone who owns the headset before actually buying.

The reason I am asking is while I will most likely use the optical connection or even the USB one with my PC, I would like to use this with my TV as well, which only has RCA audio output.

And hooray for first post ever. 

I have this headset and I love it for the most part but I have a consistent low hissing sound mostly noticeable in the left ear cup. When no sound is being played it can be quite annoying. Steelseries support has been terrible so far. I'm not sure if this hissing is just interference and normal or if perhaps I have a defective model. I've tried both optical and USB. Figured I would ask here to see if anyone else has this issue.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to use PS4 and Skype(mac) simultaneously with SteelSeries H Wireless?

Thanks,

A

• 4 weeks later...

I was only wondering if anybody knows which would be better I plan to use this on my ps4 and pc. The options are beyerdynamics custom pro one with mod mic or steel series h wireless. The difference is about $20 but which would he better to get

I was only wondering if anybody knows which would be better I plan to use this on my ps4 and pc. The options are beyerdynamics custom pro one with mod mic or steel series h wireless. The difference is about $20 but which would he better to get

This maybe the wrong three to put it on but if I do go with a beyerdynamic setup I was wondering if I would be able to do this. I have heard great things of the a40 mix amp and was wondering if I can set up the beyerdynamics to the mic/audio in/out and than connect via my ps4 through an optical cable that way I will have all the advantages of the mix amp with my headset. Thank you ahead of time

• 1 month later...
Hey All, for anyone reading this:

A couple of questions

1. The Linus video mentioned the bass slightly lacking, has this changed overtime? (Breaking-in)

2. Im planning on using this with a laptop and I dont have optical audio output. Does the USB receive multiple channels for the Virtual Surround?

3. Im going to also be using it with my PS4 and the connection method seems to be both the optical and the USB which im guessing is for gamechat. Will it still play just game audio without the USB connection?

4. If I connect my ATH-M50s to the analog out of the transmitter is that standard stereo or Virtual Surround?

Thanks

Isaac

• 1 year later...

I have this headset and I love it for the most part but I have a consistent low hissing sound mostly noticeable in the left ear cup. When no sound is being played it can be quite annoying. Steelseries support has been terrible so far. I'm not sure if this hissing is just interference and normal or if perhaps I have a defective model. I've tried both optical and USB. Figured I would ask here to see if anyone else has this issue.

Hello. Sorry to bump this old topic, but I find it necessary to inform people who might purchase this product of the potential defects. 

Yes, Kryptyx, this is a defect in the headset. I have spent many hours searching the internet for comments, solutions, etc on the issue. It is apparently a really common issue. If you plug an audio jack into the 'Share" port on the headset itself, the static noise goes away, but then you have an audio jack hanging from your headphones forever... kind of defeats the whole wireless point.

I have requested a replacement from Amazon, and hopefully the new unit I get wont be defective.

Thanks for listening.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Sorry to bump this old topic, but I find it necessary to inform people who might purchase this product of the potential defects. 

Yes, Kryptyx, this is a defect in the headset. I have spent many hours searching the internet for comments, solutions, etc on the issue. It is apparently a really common issue. If you plug an audio jack into the 'Share" port on the headset itself, the static noise goes away, but then you have an audio jack hanging from your headphones forever... kind of defeats the whole wireless point.

I have requested a replacement from Amazon, and hopefully the new unit I get wont be defective.

Thanks for listening.

Yeah, i've got the same issue. You can solve it by just grounding the tip of a cable on the share port to a large object (like a human body :D ). I just modded mine to have a little metal plate sticking to my skin under the ear cussion and the hissing is gone  :): problem solved!  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i've got the same issue. You can solve it by just grounding the tip of a cable on the share port to a large object (like a human body :D ). I just modded mine to have a little metal plate sticking to my skin under the ear cussion and the hissing is gone  :): problem solved!  ;)

LOL, well i guess that always works... for those of you who dont want a piece of metal always touching your skin I thought I should update that my replacement set from amazon came in without a problem, and there are no defects. The sound is amazing and no static noise.