Headset doesnt work with new PC?

ManOfDisguise

I connected the 2 3.5mm jacks(mic and sound) to the back of the PC. now at the back there are 6 3.5mm ports, i found the one that had mic written next to it and plugged in the mic jack there, and realtek hd audio showed me that i did indeed plug in the mic. then i plugged in the other jack into the blakc port(upper middle port) and realtek showed me that i did infact plug it in the headphone port. but no sound is coming from my headset whatsoever. but when i connect em to the port on my speakers they work just fine

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Do you have frontal audio ports ?, try them there, alternative check with other device if the headset is broken.

I don't think the rear I/O has a Microphone jack, just audio. try the front ones and see

Do you have frontal audio ports ?, try them there, alternative check with other device if the headset is broken.

yes i do i tried them there still no sound. when i plug it into the back black port which shows he i plugged it into "headphone" some "digital output(optical)" jumps up in realtek audio

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

for audio connect it to the green one my favorite color~~~~~

use this

http://www.velocitymicro.com/css/images/support/audiojackdiagram.jpg

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

for audio connect it to the green one my favorite color~~~~~

use this

http://www.velocitymicro.com/css/images/support/audiojackdiagram.jpg

ok i have mic in pink and headphone audio in green(although it says i plugged in front speaker but whatevr). i still cant hear any sound. have the sound set to max. hm

Specs of my PC:

i unchecked " tie up same type of input jacks as an input device"   and checked " separate all input jacks as seperate devices". its installing the Mic in at rear panel(pink). hmmm

Specs of my PC:

ok i have mic in pink and headphone audio in green(although it says i plugged in front speaker but whatevr). i still cant hear any sound. have the sound set to max. hm

Is your headset set as the default playback device in Windows?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Is your headset set as the default playback device in Windows?

like you mean when i go ot control panel-sound?

Specs of my PC:

like you mean when i go ot control panel-sound?

Yes. It should say "Speakers" or something anlong those lines, and it should say it's a RealTek chipset. 

Yes. It should say "Speakers" or something anlong those lines, and it should say it's a RealTek chipset. 

it says select a playback device:

NVIDIA HDMI Output (port 1)

NVIDIA HDMI Output (port 2)

NVIDIA HDMI Output (port 3)

Realtek Digital Output

Realtek Digital Output(Optical) --- this is the default device

Realtek Digital Output

Specs of my PC:

Realtek Digital Output

Realtek Digital Output

Try rig clicking in the box and check if you can see disabled sound devices.

Realtek Digital Output

Realtek Digital Output

it should something like this but in your one realtech should as default  

post-28149-0-15438700-1388053668_thumb.p

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Try rig clicking in the box and check if you can see disabled sound devices.

Speaker-Disabled popped up

Specs of my PC:

it should something like this but in your one realtech should as default  

Oh I just enabled it and it works! But the sound is coming only from the left earcup :(

Specs of my PC:

Enable them and set them as default device. 

just did. its working but sound is coming from only left earcup :(

Specs of my PC:

just did. its working but sound is coming from only left earcup :(

There should be a left and right slider in the Realtek driver. That might be it. Also try seeing if the cable is plugged all the way in or is lose in any way.

also make sure audio >>> greenport

mic >>> pink port

and if there ok check this

post-28149-0-13431300-1388054935_thumb.p

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

There should be a left and right slider in the Realtek driver. That might be it. Also try seeing if the cable is plugged all the way in or is lose in any way.

Left and Right bar the pointer is in middle-balance. cables plugged in all the way

Specs of my PC:

Left and Right bar the pointer is in middle-balance. cables plugged in all the way

Hmm, try plugging the headset into the frontpanel audio ports. If it still does it try another computer. It might be that the earcup is dead-

Hmm, try plugging the headset into the frontpanel audio ports. If it still does it try another computer. It might be that the earcup is dead-

yea i plugged it into the fron ports but now it says speakers are disconnected

Specs of my PC:

since nothing works should i just plug them into the speakers?(that works). or will that defeat the purpose and make their audio quality worse? i would be sacrifcing the mic though :(

Specs of my PC:

since nothing works should i just plug them into the speakers?(that works). or will that defeat the purpose and make their audio quality worse? i would be sacrifcing the mic though :(

You probably wouldn't sacrifice any audio quality. But if the headset work when they are plugged into the speakers they aren't broken.

Alternativly you could buy a 3,5mm extention cable and use that for your mic.