What mitx case should I get?

Go to solution Solved by SethG911,

Power supply is pretty darn quiet.  The top fans are where the majority of the noise comes from.  I keep it on top of my desk, so it gets a tad loud when playing BF4, but nothing that would drown out speakers.  Never really revs up much unless gaming, and it is near silent on idle.

I'm going to be building a new mini-itx rig around the beginning of next year and I'm tied between 3 cases. The EVGA Hadron Air, Cubitek Mini Cube and the Fractle Design Node 304. What do you guys think about each case? The rest of the specks that matter are: Asus z87-pro or Asus impact ( haven't decided yet), gtx 780 ti (stock cooler), RM-650 for mini cube or node.

I like the Node 304 but if you want a awesome PSU get the Hadron .

If you are going to have those specs I would recommend the 304 since you can use a beefier PSU.

\

i like the node because u can have a bunch of hard drives in it but the hadron does look sexy what drives will u be using and how many?

Wait for the Corsair case to come out in a few weeks.

Honestly none of those cases look particularly good in my opinion, and they could all be smaller. You should really consider whether or not you have the skills to build a case yourself.

Also another case to check out is the Antec ISK 600, it's similar to a Node304 with some variations which i prefer. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Wait for the Corsair case to come out in a few weeks.

What?

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

What?

Corsair will be coming out with an ITX case with in next few weeks and it will be in the Obsidian line. It will have the style of the 350D/750D/900D and be this wierd shape.

1458598_678879995485425_1385877802_n.jpg

^ That is the leaked picture, not much to go by.

Corsair will be coming out with an ITX case with in next few weeks and it will be in the Obsidian line. It will have the style of the 350D/750D/900D and be this wierd shape.

1458598_678879995485425_1385877802_n.jpg

guessing they will wait for CES

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Will properly look like an elephant sat on a 350D

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

I'm going to be building a new mini-itx rig around the beginning of next year and I'm tied between 3 cases. The EVGA Hadron Air, Cubitek Mini Cube and the Fractle Design Node 304. What do you guys think about each case? The rest of the specks that matter are: Asus z87-pro or Asus impact ( haven't decided yet), gtx 780 ti (stock cooler), RM-650 for mini cube or node.

out of what you have listed I would go with the Cubitek Mini Cube or the Hadron Air, I have owned the Mini Cube and the Node 304, I prefer the look, build quality and the layout of the Mini Cube but it lacks in the airflow department, the Node 304 is slightly better with airflow than the Mini Cube. The Hadron Air probably has the best air flow out of the 3. The Node 304 has power supply limitations (almost ever PSU on the market is too long for it), the Mini Cube doesn't come with fans so that's an additional investment (would recommend getting a 92mm to 120mm fan adapter.) 

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Just made this quick in photoshop because i was bored :P

Corsair might be mad at me now.

CA7zfrY.png

Main Rig
Phone

I think it will have a more Air 540 style with 2 compartments.

If the corsair mitx case has a prodigy style lay out, I'm not really interested, and I'm slightly leaning away from the air due to horrible dust filtration.

CA7zfrY.png

reminds me of the M1 from NCASE, damn that's a fine case

i like the node because u can have a bunch of hard drives in it but the hadron does look sexy what drives will u be using and how many?

a single 3.5 2tb and an SSD

i guess the hadron then

yeh but dat 40mm fan in the psu will kill me if it is loud. Have you herd anything about how loud the psu fan is?

yeh but dat 40mm fan in the psu will kill me if it is loud. Have you herd anything about how loud the psu fan is?

haha yea true no i havnt maybe go with the node 304 so u can get a psu that u know wont be a problem like and rm series from corsair.

edit saw u were looking at the rm series anyway haha,

I recommend the Hadron, since I used it myself.  It is also MUCH smaller than the other two cases, measuring in at 12x12x6.  Just be ready to be patient and take your time with cable management.  Also don't be afraid to tweak around with fan speeds and throttling.  Took me a day or two once it was up and running to get everything set perfectly.  Also replaced the two top fans with higher quality Cooler Master PWM fans and flipped them to intakes rather than exhausting.  And get the Impact board... it is nothing short of amazing.

You might also want to look into the Silverstone FT03-MINI.  It looks like an interesting form factor... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAeZYB9DGg

Here's my build:

ASUS Maximus VI Impact Motherboard
Intel Core i7-4770K
COOLER MASTER Hyper TX3 92mm (Extra fan added for push/pull, pulls from the modified top intakes and pushes onto the GPU, cooling both)
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 2560MB (Waiting for the 800 series to before I upgrade)
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2400
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SATA III SSD (Dual Booting Windows 8.1 and OSX 10.9 and for programs)
Western Digital WD Black 1TB (Games and Storage)
8X Slot Load DVDRW for the Hadron (really slick)

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse

ASUS VG248QE 144Hz 1ms Monitor

J9lpb_QGVFHa_Wg_Dg0s_HRZSYGhcp_KCCH4h4d_

I recommend the Hadron, since I used it myself.  It is also MUCH smaller than the other two cases, measuring in at 12x12x6.  Just be ready to be patient and take your time with cable management.  Also don't be afraid to tweak around with fan speeds and throttling.  Took me a day or two once it was up and running to get everything set perfectly.  Also replaced the two top fans with higher quality Cooler Master PWM fans and flipped them to intakes rather than exhausting.  And get the Impact board... it is nothing short of amazing.

You might also want to look into the Silverstone FT03-MINI.  It looks like an interesting form factor... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAeZYB9DGg

Here's my build:

ASUS Maximus VI Impact Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4770K

COOLER MASTER Hyper TX3 92mm (Extra fan added for push/pull, pulls from the modified top intakes and pushes onto the GPU, cooling both)

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 2560MB (Waiting for the 800 series to before I upgrade)

G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2400

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SATA III SSD (Dual Booting Windows 8.1 and OSX 10.9 and for programs)

Western Digital WD Black 1TB (Games and Storage)

8X Slot Load DVDRW for the Hadron (really slick)

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse

ASUS VG248QE 144Hz 1ms Monitor

J9lpb_QGVFHa_Wg_Dg0s_HRZSYGhcp_KCCH4h4d_

how loud is the power supply, thats the only thing that im not realy sure about with the hadron?

• 2 weeks later...

Power supply is pretty darn quiet.  The top fans are where the majority of the noise comes from.  I keep it on top of my desk, so it gets a tad loud when playing BF4, but nothing that would drown out speakers.  Never really revs up much unless gaming, and it is near silent on idle.

thanks for the reply, like i said that was the only thing i was unsure about. I think i will still wait and see what corsair has coming, but the hadron just moved up on my list of choises.

If the corsair mitx case has a prodigy style lay out, I'm not really interested, and I'm slightly leaning away from the air due to horrible dust filtration.

You can buy some silverstone 120mm or 140mm dust filter for like 5$ or use panty hose.