Silverstone SFX PSU 550W+ on its way

MrSuperb

A high power SFX PSU seems to be 'confirmed' now.
Perfect for those high power SFF builds (Steambox anyone?) :D

source: http://silverstone-usa.com/download/presentation/SilverStone_overview_20131021.pdf

soruce 2: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1717132&page=402

eSDthkA.jpg

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Well I know a few people here will be happy to hear this!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well this opens up the possibility of some really tiny ITX builds. Case manufactures actually have the option go with an SFX PSU now that there will be some of decent quality. Keen to see what Silverstone can come up with, just please no inverted motherboards.

Damn and i just got the 450w gold..... oh well.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

That could definitely help with cable management in small builds.

The modular and gold rated ST45SF-G is already available though ;)

________

I really kind a hope for a semi passive mode (like for loads <100 Watt or so) like the ST30SF already has.

I really want to get a ft03 mini, and this would make that possible.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

it looks like the 450 gold one, i hope they changed the fan on it, because it is loud on the current one.

the 24 pin cable is a mess to sleeve because of weird pin arrangement and the cables too long. and lose the fan grill for a wired one.

they should do a 130mm depth one with a 125mm slim fan like highpower showed in computex.

i have my sff build on hold because of the lack of a good sfx psu. i hope seasonic makes one and destroys everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQA-F2XpZI

the man in black

it looks like the 450 gold one, i hope they changed the fan on it, because it is loud on the current one.

the 24 pin cable is a mess to sleeve because of weird pin arrangement and the cables too long. and lose the fan grill for a wired one.

they should do a 130mm depth one with a 125mm slim fan like highpower showed in computex.

i have my sff build on hold because of the lack of a good sfx psu. i hope seasonic makes one and destroys everyone.

The picture actually shows the 450w version ;)

The reason why silverstone probably won't bring a longer sfx psu is simply, that it won't fit in most of their SFF cases ;)

The picture actually shows the 450w version ;)

The reason why silverstone probably won't bring a longer sfx psu is simply, that it won't fit in most of their SFF cases ;)

i think they don't fit in the sg05 and sg06 with the odd tray in there. they implayed that a longer psu will not be the sfx standard, the same as the atx standard is 140mm long not 160mm. anyway i look forward to see what they've done, because they said in hardforum that with the current model, 550w is not a possibility.

edit: cable problem solved for me. a new cable set was released, PP05-E.

the man in black

i think they don't fit in the sg05 and sg06 with the odd tray in there. they implayed that a longer psu will not be the sfx standard, the same as the atx standard is 140mm long not 160mm. anyway i look forward to see what they've done, because they said in hardforum that with the current model, 550w is not a possibility.

edit: cable problem solved for me. a new cable set was released, PP05-E.

well Tony said, that 'it was impossible with the space constraint and the technology available to us at the time'. Maybe it is possible now ;)

well Tony said, that 'it was impossible with the space constraint and the technology available to us at the time'. Maybe it is possible now ;)

i see what you did there... ;)

the man in black

i see what you did there... ;)

well Tony often stated, that Silverstone isn't interested in doing a SFX PSU outside the SFX specifications like the High Power unit with 120mm fan, though this would be perfect for the M1 :D

• 3 months later...

What happened to this PSU? Gone from the Silverstone SFX series line-up.

Also, Necro.

What happened to this PSU? Gone from the Silverstone SFX series line-up.

Also, Necro.

it is coming this year. it will be 600 watt and semi passive

Thanks for the link.

I really hope this gets made for a possible upcoming mITX build, but I can't help but be skeptical. That's an odd naming convention for Silverstone PSUs isn't it? I would've expected ST60SF-G, the same format as the previous SF series units. Also, I can find very little about this on other sites, in particular I can't find anything about this on Silverstone's website.

These little buggers are legit :D

I want to do a mini itx build someday!  And watercool it  :wub:

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Thanks for the link.

I really hope this gets made for a possible upcoming mITX build, but I can't help but be skeptical. That's an odd naming convention for Silverstone PSUs isn't it? I would've expected ST60SF-G, the same format as the previous SF series units. Also, I can find very little about this on other sites, in particular I can't find anything about this on Silverstone's website.

It has been confirmed and presented at Cebit 2014 ;)

release date isn#t fixed yet, but might be June 2014 afaik.

Yep, they changed the naming. Maybe to better distingush between the 'normal' ATX and smaller SFX PSUs ;)

Well it's a little annoying that it was pushed back, but 600W 80Plus Gold is more than enough for what I'm planning. I'll be waiting.