RE: WAN show yesterday

xox

I was just watching the archive today (I'm in the UK, so I can't live) and just wanted to call @LinusTech out on the support of video streaming in the playstation world.

Basically, he said than nVidia was the first to market with the solution of Shield streaming from your PC... My point is that Sony had Remote play in 2005/6. Remote play was a feature which allowed you to stream your gameplay to a device of your choice. In fact, it was way more versatile than nVidia's solution is because it allows you to stream to phones and PCs. Plus, you can stream your PSP games from your PSP to your PS3 to play them there.

The WAN show in question:

Various Playstation Remote Play tutorials:

Although nVidia's implementation of the technology is new and good. It has been around for a while.

Another point is at around http://youtu.be/E5nRbtYxY8c?t=37m57s Linus, Wendell and Slick agreed that the experience would be deducted because you need extremely fast bandwidth to be able to stream 1080p. However, they forgot to note that the PS Vita's resolution is not 1080p [it is 960 x 544], so the PS3/4 will only have to stream that quality.

Thanks;

Tom

Compatible with Windows 95

+1

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

sucker punch to the nads.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yeah someone should have corrected Linus when he kept on going on about this on the WAN show. Because unfortunately he was wrong and I think people that didn't really know believed him.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

1º - i want a PS vita, with a STEAM controller pad  ^_^

2º - on a 1080p screen  :D

3º - where i can stream games from my PC and PS4  :lol:

Goes to show you to check the facts and not to take things literally all the time.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Goes to show you to check the facts and not to take things literally all the time.

as far as i know, the PS stream need a cable, so he was not wrong after all, if it need a cable to stream, don't count for me

as far as i know, the PS stream need a cable, so he was not wrong after all, if it need a cable to stream, don't count for me

It works over USB, Bluetooth and WiFi (LAN). It requires a cable the first time to sync a PSP.

Compatible with Windows 95