The Guardian was wrong about sex in Japan. Here's what's really going on

TopWargamer

http://kotaku.com/wrong-about-japan-and-sex-1450567428?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I even posted a thread on The Guardian's write-up a day or 2 ago. I read all of it, and believed it all. Apparently The Guardian's was false in a lot of ways, and Kotaku isn't the first place to say so. There's a couple of YouTube channels I keep up with called Gimmeaflakeman and Hikosaemon. Both of these people are foreigners who now live in Japan, and they're even saying that the Guardian's article is utter bullshit. 

So what's really going on? This "predicament" isn't really a predicament at all. The numbers should be re-run though, because a total of a 60% of men and 40% of females in Japan don't want to have sex? Those numbers do seem absurdly high, and again, I believed them to be true for the longest time. 

If you would like to The Guardian's article, you can find it right here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/20/young-people-japan-stopped-having-sex

COMIC SANS

guess japan went full 2d (according to Guardian) 

imo it wouldn't be too bad if people miraculously didn't want to have sex anymore, we already have too many people.

I didn't read the whole thing because the article is..kind of long and my care level isn't up to the undertaking, but so far the lady they're talking about who is the therapist or doctor of some sort sounds fking nuts. 

"I use therapies, such as yoga and hypnosis, to relax him and help him to understand the way that real human bodies work." Sometimes, for an extra fee, she gets naked with her male clients – "strictly no intercourse" – to physically guide them around the female form. Keen to see her nation thrive, she likens her role in these cases to that of the 

Edo period courtesans, or oiran, who used to initiate samurai sons into the art of erotic pleasure.

Pekingese dog whom she introduces as Marilyn Monroe. In her business pamphlet, she offers up the gloriously random confidence that she visited North Korea in the 1990s and squeezed the testicles of a top army general.

this author 

3jT26eg.png

I'd love sources for things like

Marriage has become a minefield of unattractive choices. Japanese men have become less career-driven, and less solvent, as lifetime job security has waned. Japanese women have become more independent and ambitious. Yet conservative attitudes in the home and workplace persist. Japan's punishing corporate world makes it almost impossible for women to combine a career and family, while children are unaffordable unless both parents work.

Author also uses third hand citations within the goddamned article instead of listing sources for such a painfully long slab of rambling from what looks to be a sensational (non-credible) news source that publishes articles translated to English (Japancrush) which cites a Japanese survey which none of the readers can even scrutinize because it's, well, in Japanese. 

could be a 200 sample from Akihabara for all I can tell

Ah, that's the Japan I know. The good ol sex-crazed Japan.

We do have too many people, but it's not countries like Japan that are overpopulated.

In the grand scheme of things no, I don't think they are. However, I think they have one of the highest population densities?

Error: 410

Ah, that's the Japan I know. The good ol sex-crazed Japan.

imo it wouldn't be too bad if people miraculously didn't want to have sex anymore, we already have too many people.

We do have too many people, but it's not countries like Japan that are overpopulated.

No wonder older Japanese people hate Americans...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!