Need a good high quality HDMI cable

TheMidnightNarwhal
Go to solution Solved by SteepGnomeKing,

When you say all the same, you mean abut HDMI high speed, or just any HDMI?

I should clarify.

HDMI rates such as hdmi1.3-1.4 are not rated by cable but by plug in the tv, video card, console, home theatre has. So yes you can get any cable and they are all the same in speed, video quality, and sound quality.

These HDMI high speed are for if your using internet over the line also. Which I have never seen anything do personally so not worth it. But sometimes (and I think those high speed hdmi cables are like this) they just advertise the fact they can do super fast internet over the hdmi even though all of them can it's nothing special.

If it is a short run get a HDMI cable for $7 or less. Anything more will do absolutely nothing.

Hey I need a good high quality HDMI cable that can get 1080p. I think I need a HDMI high speed (not sure). All I want is at least 1080p resolution :P I don't really want to pay alot. Thanks.

Any. They're all pretty much the same. What are you using it for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The are all the same. Go with a cheap cable.

I would honestly say the super high quality expensive ones are for cables over 20m because of interference and depreciation in quality. But anything less than 20m I would go with anything at at.

NOTE --- That is NOT confirmed, there is NOT any cable that is certified for over X amount length. HDMI does not have that certification but it happens to every single cable.

My personal recommendation is if you are going over 20m get a minimum (even monster) $35+ cable at least for that, it has minor features that will help with video/audio quality over a great distance.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

they're all the same. you don't have special requirements. pick the cheapest one

The are all the same. Go with a cheap cable.

I would honestly say the super high quality expensive ones are for cables over 20m because of interference and depreciation in quality. But anything less than 20m I would go with anything at at.

NOTE --- That is NOT confirmed, there is NOT any cable that is certified for over X amount length. HDMI does not have that certification but it happens to every single cable.

My personal recommendation is if you are going over 20m get a minimum (even monster) $35+ cable at least for that, it has minor features that will help with video/audio quality over a great distance.

they're all the same. you don't have special requirements. pick the cheapest one

I should clarify.

HDMI rates such as hdmi1.3-1.4 are not rated by cable but by plug in the tv, video card, console, home theatre has. So yes you can get any cable and they are all the same in speed, video quality, and sound quality.

These HDMI high speed are for if your using internet over the line also. Which I have never seen anything do personally so not worth it. But sometimes (and I think those high speed hdmi cables are like this) they just advertise the fact they can do super fast internet over the hdmi even though all of them can it's nothing special.

If it is a short run get a HDMI cable for $7 or less. Anything more will do absolutely nothing.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I should clarify.

Ok thanks.

And even though most people might not see this I've been doing a couple PSA's recently but here's another one

When you go to the store, be that tech store, grocery store, anything

Sometimes the difference between the more expensive brand and the cheaper brand is the package design. In Canada we have a brand called 'no name' which is a simple box with the brand name, what the item is, and name of the item. That is it.

The more expensive packaging's have designs on them to make them look nice and expensive and worth it. That is where that extra money is going. The products usually the same.

Ok thanks.

No problem any questions don't hesitate to ask. Better to look dumb and have to ask on a forum or PM me before you buy something you later find out to not be what is needed. I've learned that the hard way. 

Bought an mini HDMI to HDMI because I thought it would work on my note 2 when I needed mini usb to hdmi. So yea not that long ago. You constantly learn new things you just have to ask and explore.

And even though most people might not see this I've been doing a couple PSA's recently but here's another one

When you go to the store, be that tech store, grocery store, anything

Sometimes the difference between the more expensive brand and the cheaper brand is the package design. In Canada we have a brand called 'no name' which is a simple box with the brand name, what the item is, and name of the item. That is it.

The more expensive packaging's hsve designs on them to make them look nice and expensive and worth it. That is where that extra money is going. The products usually the same.

Yeah taht NoName, I'm in Canada to eh eh. 

Ok I'll PM you to know if it's a good cable, thanks again.

Fail. Anyone who actually buys this should be ignored for the rest of their lives and should not be allowed to buy anything computer related ever. Every HDMI cable performs the exact same doesn't matter if you have diamond Titanium Uranium infused tips, it makes no difference. I just looked even deeper and someone reviewed it so I would hassen a guess that they actually bought it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Fail. Anyone who actually buys this should be ignored for the rest of their lives and should not be allowed to buy anything computer related ever. Every HDMI cable performs the exact same doesn't matter if you have diamond Titanium Uranium infused tips, it makes no difference. I just looked even deeper and someone reviewed it so I would hassen a guess that they actually bought it.

I'm fairly sure they are trolling, but if anyone has actually bought one, my faith in humanity is lost.

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

I'm fairly sure they are trolling, but if anyone has actually bought one, my faith in humanity is lost.

The person that did buy one is the biggest hipster on the planet. I am actually going to go and research to see if there are any legit reviews on it.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I can confirm that the reviews are all jokes, I hope. read this one:

"Sorry to say this cable will only deliver 1/2 3D not full 3D... or as we call it in the industry, 1.5D.

To get an approximation of what 1.5D looks like, close one eye, then not blink the the other for as long as you can stand it. What you see at that moment right before you yelp in pain, with snot pouring out your nose and a steady stream of tears pouring down your face, is a very close approximation of 1/2D."

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I can confirm that the reviews are all jokes, I hope. read this one:

"Sorry to say this cable will only deliver 1/2 3D not full 3D... or as we call it in the industry, 1.5D.

To get an approximation of what 1.5D looks like, close one eye, then not blink the the other for as long as you can stand it. What you see at that moment right before you yelp in pain, with snot pouring out your nose and a steady stream of tears pouring down your face, is a very close approximation of 1/2D."

I actually think the product and products from this company are fake. On their website they claim there are counterfeits plus their webpage looks shifty to me.

(\__/)

(='.'=)