Cellphone in mine craft that can video call real people

txb

In this video CaptainSparklez demonstrates how Verizon coded a working cell phone that can browse the Internet and make video calls to people from in Minecraft.

http://youtu.be/IdlZRhKmWJY

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Kek. Now all the 11-year-olds can make real calls...

inb4 hate from people who think I'm serious.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Cool thing, but in the end it's nothing more special than Skype being able to call a cell phone.

Kinda cool what people have done with Minecraft

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

In this video CaptainSparklez demonstrates how Verizon coded a working cell phone that can browse the Internet and make video calls to people from in Minecraft.

http://youtu.be/IdlZRhKmWJY

Not gonna lie thats pretty awesome

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

f96c6fa487.jpg

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Impossible to make it work...

It does work? And in the description there is a link which I think has the source code.

Impossible to make it work...

It does work? And in the description there is a link which I think has the source code.

yes

it basicly scales down the image about 90% , and for the color probobly , for example blue, when theres a pixel colored "blue" a certain block has a set value of the color blue value (RGB) and selects it

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yes

it basicly scales down the image about 90% , and for the color probobly , for example blue, when theres a pixel colored "blue" a certain block has a set value of the color blue value (RGB) and selects it

But how does it connect to the Internet?

But how does it connect to the Internet?

i dont know, verzion made it.

EDIT: "In the world of Minecraft, almost everything is made of blocks. We’ve created a web application, Boxel, that translates real web pages and streaming video into blocks so they can be built on a Minecraft server in real time. Our server plugin uses Boxel-client to handle the communication between Minecraft and the real world as translated by the web application."

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)